John Tamihere shocked the audience at an Auckland mayoral debate by responding to his opponent’s praise for diversity with a Nazi slogan. On Tuesday evening, Tamihere and Phil Goff took part in a debate in Ponsonby’s Chapel Bar during which they discussed transport, infrastructure and other topics. John Tamihere compared to Donald Trump over election promise Phil Goff vs John Tamihere: Clashing visions for the future of Auckland Opinion: Should John Tamihere be allowed to shrug off past homophobic comments? Near the end of the event both candidates were asked to answer the question ‘What do you wish for the grandchildren of Auckland?’ Phil Goff said he wanted them to grow up in an inclusive, diverse city, and called back to an earlier question over his decision to bar Stefan Molyneux and Lauren Southern from speaking in Council-owned venues. “We won’t put up with the sort of nonsense we get from racists coming into this country to tell us that multiculturalism doesn’t work.” He said his soon-to-be-born grandson, who is of mixed-race parentage, will represent the future of Auckland. “Well I say Sieg Heil to that,” John Tamihere replied. “Like the Nazis?” Goff said. “What do you mean by that?… Read full this story
- Actor John Leguizamo Says Facebook Won’t Allow Fair Elections: Democracy Dies Because of ‘Tech Gangster’ Mark Zuckerberg
- Andrew Yang Says All White Democratic Debate Stage Represents 'Realities and Inequities In Our Economy'
- John Abraham says he’s developing female-driven films, but ‘it’s difficult to sell them’
- John Legend Says He and Chrissy Teigen Split Diaper Duty: I 'Never Felt Any Hesitancy to Do It'
- John Kerry Says Trump 'Wouldn't Qualify for Security Clearance' If He Wasn't President
- John Cena Says the Beginning of The Suicide Squad Is Like Its Own Movie
- John Cleese says 'two Pythons down, four to go' after Terry Jones dies
- John Cena Says He's at a Turning Point in His Wrestling Career
- John Aldridge says current Liverpool side could become greatest in club's history
- Listen: John Carney Says The Phase One Trade Deal Is A Test for China
John Tamihere says 'Sieg Heil' in mayoral debate have 352 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.