brexit countdown_bg Created with Sketch. Jeremy Corbyn is the most unpopular Opposition leader ever, according to a new poll, as the Labour leader prepares to face an all-out Remainer rebellion at his party’s annual conference. The veteran left-winger’s net rating of minus 60 is below that of his hero Michael Foot who led Labour to disaster in the early 1980s and whose hard-left 1983 general election manifesto was described as the ‘longest suicide note in history’. The latest Ipsos MORI survey found that just 16 per cent of voters are satisfied with Mr Corbyn’s performance, compared to 76 per cent who are dissatisfied – giving him a net rating of minus 60. Mr Corbyn’s rating is the lowest ever recorded for an Opposition leader by the polling firm which started asking how satisfied people were with their political leaders in 1977. Labour’s annual gathering kicks off in Brighton this weekend, with Mr Corbyn under intense pressure to shift position on Brexit. He has already bowed to demands from senior figures including Keir Starmer, John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry for the party’s next manifesto to promise a second referendum on any deal with the EU. But Mr Corbyn has so far… Read full this story
- Sir Keir Starmer has impressed with crackdown on lunatic Left – but bickering Labour still look hopelessly out of touch
- PETER HITCHENS: From the lockdown to the destruction of statues, these febrile weeks show the pillars of our freedom and civilization are rotten. As the Left now controls every lever of power, we face nothing less than regime change
- Boris the crown prince: Remarkable photos of Oxford's golden generation reveal PM and his 1980s contemporaries - including Nigella Lawson and David Cameron - partying when it was cool to be posh and privileged, says Toby Young (who had a front row seat)
- NYPD officials claim '$1billion budget cuts could create crime levels not seen since the 1980s' as one precinct commander quits in protest over the latest police reforms
- Boris Johnson will push for a general election if the EU grants another Brexit delay because it is 'the only way the country can move on' after MPs REJECTED the Prime Minister's three-day timetable
- Labour don’t care for the working class…or their kids
- Boris puts Dominic Cummings on his 'last chance' as witness who went to police is HIMSELF accused of breaking lockdown, another admits he MADE UP sighting and Anti-Brexit peer is identified as plotter
- Coronavirus: Labour call for free flu vaccines for over-50s this winter to prevent 'perfect storm'
- Labour: unemployment could go 'way beyond anything we've experienced'
- From the Calais Jungle to rubbing shoulders with Hollywood's A-listers: How Syrian political activist fled Assad regime and came to Britain on a fake passport before winning a Bafta for BBC film before taking job as NHS cleaner to say 'thanks to the UK'
Jeremy Corbyn is the most unpopular Opposition leader EVER as his ratings sink below even his derided hard-Left 1980s hero Michael Foot have 472 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.