Police are hunting two suspects after a man in his 50s was stabbed multiple times in Ivybridge.
Officers were called to St John’s Road at 10.30am on Wednesday, September 11, following reports of a knife attack.
Police say the victim suffered several deep wounds to his legs, body and arms.
He has been taken to hospital with “life-changing” injuries.
Officers believe two men entered the house “armed with a knife” and carried out the attack.
Witnesses say the property was taped off by police, who attended the scene along with paramedics.
An investigation has been launched to locate the two men. No arrests have been made.
DS Andy Penhaligon, of Devon and Cornwall Police, said: “We were called shortly after 10.30am on Wednesday following reports that a man in his 50s had sustained a number of knife wounds.
“The man was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries where he currently remains.
“At this time, it is believed that two men entered the property, possibly armed with a knife.
“The investigation is in an early stage and we are currently trying to establish the circumstances of this incident.
“Inquiries are ongoing to locate the suspects.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact us quoting CR/082451/19.”
PC Perry, of Ivybridge & Rural Police, said: “We attended a report of a male on St John’s Road in Ivybridge that had sustained a number of stab wounds around 10.30am.
“The male was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken straight to the hospital.
“The house has been secured to enable scenes of crime officers to conduct a thorough investigation.
“Officers will remain there throughout the night.”
Information can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
Also in the news
- Vietnam police hunting men who fired on Canadians
- Seven wounded including 2 UK tourists in Paris knife attack
- 7 wounded including 2 British tourists in Paris knife attack
- Knife attacker kills nine children in China
- Three die in Bac Lieu knife attack
- Saigon police hunt two armed bank robbers
- Indonesia police shoot dead three attackers
- Police hunt two bank robbers in central Vietnam
- New Zealand police hunt 'active shooter' after gunman opens fire at mosque
- IS claims Brussels knife attack on soldiers