JAPAN kicked off the 2019 Rugby World Cup with a 30-10 victory against Russia. Kotaro Matsushima scored a hat-trick for the tournament hosts as Japan overcame a scare after Kirill Golosnitskiy gave Russia a shock lead early on. Here, former Ireland international Stephen Ferris gives his predictions for his nations clash against Scotland and England’s match against Tonga. I REMEMBER the buildup of excitement and just being eager to kick things off in 2011. You think about the weather, the atmosphere, the fans, the stadium and just have to take it all in. You’ve got to think about the processes in place and the lead-up to the match. I concentrated on my training. The last thing you want is to go into matches and not be in good shape, dropping balls and getting nervous and anxious. Waiting to go, you have the nerves, the energy and the buzz. But as soon as that first whistle blows, you go into match mode and everything else takes care of itself.IRELAND VS SCOTLAND – Ferris predicts an Ireland win The Ireland v Scotland game is going to be very tough for both sides. Ladbrokes have about a nine point spread on the game… Read full this story
- Rugby World Cup LIVE! Typhoon latest ahead of Scotland vs Japan
- Ireland may need to weather storm to qualify at Rugby World Cup
- Day 26 at the Rugby World Cup: Scotland’s fate to be decided
- England and Scotland wait on Rugby World Cup typhoon decision
- This is the end: Rugby’s Nations Championship abandoned
- Best not guaranteed the World Cup captaincy, admits Schmidt
- Aussies on England collision course
- Why are spinners getting flayed this World Cup?
- Women's World Cup: US breaks scoring record against Thailand
- World Cup 2019: India vs Afghanistan, Match Preview
Ireland hero Ferris gives you his Rugby World Cup tips ahead of England v Tonga and Ireland v Scotland clashes have 296 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.