Hong Kong pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong, arrested twice in the past two weeks for his advocacy for freedom and self-determination, issued a call in Germany on Monday for the world to unite not just with the protest movement in his city, but against "emperor" Xi Jinping. The Chinese dictator has said little about the three-month-old movement in Hong Kong demanding that China stop violating the "One Country, Two Systems" policy that bans communism from the autonomous region. The protesters, on their part, have also not spent too much time directly challenging Xi, instead confronting Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam and other city officials who refuse to listen to the protesters' plea for democracy. Wong, the secretary-general of the Demosisto pro-freedom group, was arrested shortly before leaving Hong Kong for a tour of Germany and the United States, but released shortly thereafter as police had used a technical error on his bail provisions to enact the arrests. He was also arrested last week on charges of inciting violence for challenging the Chinese communist regime and its puppets in the Hong Kong government. At an event hosted by the German newspaper Bild , Wong declared his city "the new Berlin" in… Read full this story
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong jailed 4 months for 2019 protest
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong jailed for 4 months for 2019 protest
- Hong Kong clashes heat up ahead of 70th anniversary party for China
- Hong Kong: Pro-democracy activists kept in custody
- PHOTOS: Thousands Storm Hong Kong to Protest China on Anniversary of Handover
- Opinion: 2020 a defining watershed for Hong Kong's unsettling future
- Beijing-Led Electoral Reforms for Hong Kong Redefine 'Democracy,' Critics Say
- Did China's former Premier just subtly criticize President Xi Jinping?
- For China's property developers, Hong Kong is becoming Shenzhen's backyard
- China approves radical overhaul of Hong Kong's political system
Hong Kong Democracy Activist Joshua Wong: ‘Xi Jinping Is Not a President, But an Emperor’ have 301 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.