Harrogate Town winger Joe Leesley has joined National League rivals Stockport County on a short-term loan deal. The 25-year-old has found himself sidelined in recent weeks and wasn’t included in Simon Weaver’s match-day 16 for the recent fixtures against Chorley and Torquay United.Having begun the season with a bang, netting a screamer against Solihull Moors on the opening day, Leesley started Town’s first five matches before being dropped to the bench when Weaver switched from a 4-4-2 formation to a 4-3-3.And having made no secret of his desire to play regular football in the past, the 2017/18 National League North Player of the Season has opted to make the temporary switch to the Hatters in a bid to get some game-time.”Joe approached me about it [leaving on loan] because, as he’s said in the past, he just wants to play games,” boss Weaver revealed.”He’s found himself on the periphery in recent weeks and needs to get some game-time. He’s joining a good club who need a left-sided player, according their manager.”There’s been no fall-out. I want players like Joe who want to be playing. He’s a good, honest lad and I understand that he is frustrated, I would be the… Read full this story
- Sleeping rough in Harrogate town centre
- 'Dying communities' in small-town Minnesota find aid from federal grants
- WATCH: Ipswich Town star lends support to RED January mental health campaign
- Family in town for the holidays? Consider these Howard County outings
- The Little Town That Pot Built
- This regional grocery chain just beat out Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to be named vegetarians' favorite shopping destination
- Cass County town goes tobacco-free; it's no longer for sale anywhere in town
- Hundreds of cities, counties and Native American tribes file federal lawsuit against Sackler family over opioid crisis
- Care home residents take part in county-wide sports day
- I-Team: Law Lets NY Town Tear Down Homes Deemed 'Dangerous' or 'Abandoned'
Harrogate Town winger Joe Leesley joins Stockport County on loan have 331 words, post on www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.