What you need to know
- Beginning this month, videos in Play Store listings will begin playing automatically.
- Google says this will “help more users discover your content at a glance.”
- Developers have been asked to disable monetization in their videos by November 1, 2019 to keep them eligible to be shown on the Play Store.
The Google Play Store recently went through a redesign, bringing a cleaner look and a new front. Google is now introducing another change to the Play Store. Starting this month, videos in app and game listings on the Play Store will begin playing automatically.
According to the Play Console Help page, this is being done in order to “help more users discover your content at a glance.” To ensure users don’t see ads before the promo video starts playing, developers have been asked to disable ads in their Play Store listings by November 1, 2019.
Google believes if the promo videos are monetized, the ads that they may show “can be confusing for users.” Alternatively, developers can upload a different video without monetization claims. In case developers fail to disable monetization or if the promo video uses copyrighted content, the video will no longer play in their store listing after November 1.
Needless to say, the move will not just upset developers but also annoy some users. Even though the “feature” can easily be ignored, it may not go down well with users who are subscribed to a limited data plan.
Unfortunately, Google hasn’t revealed yet if it plans to allow users to disable autoplaying videos on the Play Store, at least when using mobile data. The YouTube app, which offers a similar feature, does allow users to disable autoplaying videos.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Google details Assistant’s new Ambient Mode ahead of imminent rollout
The Google Assistant’s Ambient Mode will soon begin rolling out to select Android phones and tablets.
Why Android Central is going all-in on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Black Friday is back and it’s bigger than ever. In fact, it’s more than a day — it’s a whole week now. So that’s why Android Central is more like BF Central right now.
- Android users need to delete these Google Play Store apps right now
- How to Fix Google Play Store Download Errors
- How to Update Google Play Store?
- Play HD/4K Videos on Sony Xperia Z4 Nicely
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: How to Watch Live Stream, Expected Price and Specifications
- Apple and Google go head to head with new gaming platforms
- How to update your apps on iOS 13 - Find App Store updates on your iPhone
- Every important Google Home and Google Assistant command you can give
- Google reveals lower-cost Pixel 3a phones and Nest Hub Max
- Google Algorithm Update 24th April 2015 Mobile Now Drives Majority of Google Searches
- Google Pixel 4 might call for help automatically if you're in a car crash
- Is There an Amazon Instant Video App
- Google’s quantum bet on the future of AI—and what it means for humanity
- Google strikes back with own game subscription service
- Google Stadia streaming requirements lack some key internet-connection details
- A wizard of gaming world surfaced, Play Games 24X7
- Google in smartphone push with motion-sensing Pixel 4
- Super Helpful Unboxing and Installation Video for GA5153F Volkswagen Android Car GPS
- Dear Google: We expect these Pixel 4 upgrades if you want to compete with Apple and Samsung
- Google's Pixel 4 phone launch: What to expect
Google Play Store promo videos will soon start playing automatically have 739 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.