Gemma Collins has made no secret about wanting to become a mum, even undergoing fertility tests on screen to see what her chances are.
But the diva, 38, has now backtracked, admitting that she might not ever have children.
Speaking on her podcast, Gemma said she doesn’t know if she’s ready for motherhood and compared herself to childless actress Jennifer Aniston.
She’d started thinking about it again recently after looking after a group of children when she was the only sober one following a party at Dawn Ward’s house.
Gemma said: “It’s nice to play mum sometimes. I’m definitely definitely getting older. I would like a child.
“Sometimes I think, should I have a kid? Should I have a child? I don’t know. I’ve got so many of my friends’ children that love me, these kids.
“I mean, I’m not just saying it, they love me. I love them because I get to hand them back and I get a peaceful night’s sleep.”
Gemma said she took inspiration from Friends’ Jennifer as the star is content with not being a mum.
The GC continued: “The argument I kind of have with myself about kids is oh god it’s a huge responsibility, am I still a kid myself? That’s what I battle with.
“Then it’s like no, I’m 38, but Jennifer Aniston said ‘Just because I haven’t got kids that doesn’t define me as I woman.’
“That was the best statement I’ve heard my whole life because thats what I regularly say to people now.
Showbiz editor’s picks
“They’re like, have you got kids, do you want kids? You do feel embarrassed because you don’t know what to say.”
The queen of memes has made several eye-opening confessions on her podcast.
- Towie’s Gemma Collins reveals she’s waiting for a sperm donor and freezing her eggs after years of dating the wrong men
- Towie’s Gemma Collins is ecstatic after finding out she’ll have children ‘in the next two years’
- Dancing with the Stars’ Hughie Maughan tells Towie star Gemma Collins his fiance Ryan Ruckledge will have a baby with her
- Gemma Collins reveals best friend has offered to give her an egg as she vows nothing will stop her from having a baby
- Towie’s Gemma Collins bursts into tears as fertility specialist reveals she has a low egg count
- As Ed Balls loses a STONE on Strictly Come Dancing, we reveal the most shocking reality TV show transformations
- I would bring back hanging for evil father of poor Ellie
- Emma Willis on renewing her wedding vows, her ideal CBB contestants, and Nicole Scherzinger’s enviable bum
- What time is In Therapy: Lauren Goodger on Channel 5 and what is the TOWIE star set to reveal?