Gary Neville says he would try and sign Raphael Varane, N’Golo Kante and Kylian Mbappe if he was in charge of transfers at Manchester United.
The club great was taking part in a question and answer session on Tuesday morning when he was asked which three players he’d try and sign at Old Trafford.
Neville named the French trio has his three preferred recruitments if he was tasked with strengthening Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-team squad.
United spent big to strengthen their defence in the summer and splashed £80m to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester in order to reinforce their defensive line.
The transfer is already paying off with United having kept as many home clean sheets in the Premier League this season as they did last season.
However, club favourite Neville still believes a player like Varane would be a clear improvement on the quality which they have.
Elsewhere the 44-year-old thinks a deal to sign Kante would be advised in order to improve the midfield. Chelsea midfielder Kante partnered Paul Pogba in central midfield last summer as France won the World Cup.
Mbappe completes the short list with the Paris Saint-Germain forward viewed not only as a future Ballon d’Or contender but as one of the current best players in world football.
- Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs Build Legends Squad in FIFA 16’s Ultimate Team
- Best way to de-clutter name tags on units in RTS
- FIFA 19 Player Ratings Leaked for the Big Guns, Man United, Man City and More
- No Man’s Sky Beyond Update Will Add More Multiplayer Features
- Mega Man 11 Release Date Confirmed with New Trailer
- No Man's Sky NEXT is due Summer 2018
- Hello Games Announces No Man's Sky Beyond, Huge Update Coming Summer 2019
- Ridealong: The bizarre resort town of Tower Unite
- Star Wars Producer Gary Kurtz Has Died
- Legendary Gary is two RPGs in one, and I want more of both