Gary Neville says he would try and sign Raphael Varane, N’Golo Kante and Kylian Mbappe if he was in charge of transfers at Manchester United.
The club great was taking part in a question and answer session on Tuesday morning when he was asked which three players he’d try and sign at Old Trafford.
Neville named the French trio has his three preferred recruitments if he was tasked with strengthening Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-team squad.
United spent big to strengthen their defence in the summer and splashed £80m to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester in order to reinforce their defensive line.
The transfer is already paying off with United having kept as many home clean sheets in the Premier League this season as they did last season.
However, club favourite Neville still believes a player like Varane would be a clear improvement on the quality which they have.
Elsewhere the 44-year-old thinks a deal to sign Kante would be advised in order to improve the midfield. Chelsea midfielder Kante partnered Paul Pogba in central midfield last summer as France won the World Cup.
Mbappe completes the short list with the Paris Saint-Germain forward viewed not only as a future Ballon d’Or contender but as one of the current best players in world football.
- How Man United could line up with Gary Neville's dream signings
- Man United manager news LIVE Solskjaer confirmed as new Man Utd manager
- Gary Neville does not think Man Utd should announce Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as permanent manager yet
- Solskjaer excited to hear fans singing his name on Old Trafford return
- Solskjaer tips United to put on a Boxing Day clinic at Old Trafford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gets his dream job as permanent Manchester United manager
- Man Utd fans want Beckham to be their next signing
- Manchester United secure second place after dreary draw enlivened only by late scuffle
- Manchester United vs Huddersfield live score and goal updates