A high-speed chase has taken place in Cork following a burglary.
Two men were disturbed during a break-in at a house on the Rochestown Road in the city.
Gardaí pursued the men before they abandoned the vehicle they were travelling in on the N40 at the Carrigaline exit.
Eyewitnesses report that up to five unmarked cars and a number of squad cars were involved in the operation.
It is understood the occupants of the car – a grey-coloured Audi – ran across the west and eastbound lanes of the N40 in the direction of Mahon Golf Course to evade officers.
- 2 high speed chases end with arrests of 2 bank robbery suspects
- Mom took PlayStation away, so 11-year-old Cleveland boy led police on second high-speed chase in 13 months
- PD: Teens hijack car, lead police on high-speed chase in Rocky Hill
- Carjacker on parole leads Batavia police on high-speed chase
- High-speed chases lead to dangerous crashes in central PennsylvaniaYou may also be interested in...
- Semi-truck driver pulls out to stop high-speed chase
- Couple with 2 kids in backseat lead police on high-speed chase
- Grand jury indicts Lorain man accused of stealing police cruiser, leading officers on high-speed chase into Erie County
- Maine woman arrested following high-speed chase
- High speed chase ends with DWI arrest