Newark and Sherwood District Council has announced that free parking will be available to motorists on Sundays in the lead up to Christmas.
The free parking, in district council-owned car parks, will start on Sunday, November 24 for the switch-on of Newark’s festive lights.
Motorists will then be able to park for free on the four consecutive Sundays of December 1 ,8, 15 and 22.
Chairman of Newark and Sherwood District Council’s economic development committee, Keith Girling, said: “Free parking on Sundays will assist town centre retail businesses and help attract more footfall in the run-up to Christmas.
“For local people and those from afar, Newark has an excellent offer of national and independent retailers that remain open on Sundays, all in a local unique centre bursting with heritage and hospitality.”
The council-run car parks offering this free parking include those located on Appletongate, London Road, The Wharf, Tolney Lane and Castle House.
- Free parking for Christmas in Cambridgeshire
- Full list of Councils offering free parking this Christmas to help you to 'spend local' - is yours there?
- End to parking free on Sundays
- Free parking for your Christmas shopping
- Eastbourne Debenhams announces free parking for Christmas shoppers
- How to score free parking in downtown Burlington, Vermont
- Scarborough and Whitby residents to enjoy free parking over Christmas
- How to get FREE parking when you go Christmas shopping
- Dundee members call on council to offer free parking on Sunday afternoons
- Festive free parking set to return