Newark and Sherwood District Council has announced that free parking will be available to motorists on Sundays in the lead up to Christmas. The free parking, in district council-owned car parks, will start on Sunday, November 24 for the switch-on of Newark’s festive lights. Motorists will then be able to park for free on the four consecutive Sundays of December 1 ,8, 15 and 22. Chairman of Newark and Sherwood District Council’s economic development committee, Keith Girling, said: “Free parking on Sundays will assist town centre retail businesses and help attract more footfall in the run-up to Christmas. “For local people and those from afar, Newark has an excellent offer of national and independent retailers that remain open on Sundays, all in a local unique centre bursting with heritage and hospitality.” The council-run car parks offering this free parking include those located on Appletongate, London Road, The Wharf, Tolney Lane and Castle House.
- The best Christmas TV episodes and specials
- 10 Terrifying Halloween Attractions You Should Visit
- Essay: Letter to a Young Scientist
- Nine Cautionary Tales
- ‘You're fired!’ – one CIO’s strategy for greater effectiveness
- 21 fun things to see and do this weekend in San Antonio
- NWS: Massive temperature swing expected in San Antonio this weekend
- Where are they now? More San Antonio anchor updates
Free parking on Sundays before Christmas have 215 words, post on www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.