Four new thrilling rides have opened at Stoke-on-Trent’s popular WaterWorld.
Bosses at the waterpark, less than an hour from Manchester, say the opening of the new rides has triggered a huge rise in visitor numbers.
The Tornado Alley rides form part of a massive £10m expansion of the attraction, which includes a new upgraded changing rooms with digital lockers and will also see an indoor adventure mini golf attraction opening towards the end of the year.
The rides, towering up to 16.5 metres above ground level, are:
- Thunderbolt: The fastest and steepest, reaching speeds of up to 39kph. A heart-pounding plummet for adrenaline junkies.
- Cyclone: This one is classified as ‘medium to severe’, and can be ridden on either a one or two-person raft.
- Stormchaser: The longest of the four new rides, also classified as medium to severe, designed for single or two-person rings.
- Hurricane: To be ridden feet first, lying on your back – if you’re brave enough. This one is classified as ‘severe’.
WaterWorld owner Mo Chaudry said: “The opening of these rides marks the end of a mammoth construction project, and the first stage of a huge new era for WaterWorld which cements our position as the UK’s number one indoor tropical aqua park.
“The next phase of the project will include the creation of a new second floor food and beverage area, featuring a U-shaped seating area around part of the site.
“When this is open, up to 1,500 people will be able to enjoy seeing the action in the waterpark in a relaxed environment.
“Not only that, but we are also further increasing our changing room facilities, toilets and showers, and adding a second entry and exit point. This work should all be completed early next year.”
WaterWorld’s outdoor pool is also being extended as part of an overall top-to-bottom refurbishment of the complex.
For more family content follow Manchester Family on Facebook at www.facebook.com/familymanchester or on Twitter and Instagram @familymanc.
- Discovery Kingdom set to unveil new Batman thrill ride in 2019
- Pictures: Pregnant Meghan Markle Shows Off Burgeoning Baby Bump in New White Dress Photos
- NY's Marist College announces new med school to open in 2022
- New Adirondack welcome center opens on Northway
- New Intermountain Layton Hospital Opens
- New Beacon Hill Restaurant Opens Saturday
- To Hail and back: Kevin White hopes he 'opened a couple eyes' with 54-yard catch
- New White House Intern Photo Shows Trump's Class is No More Diverse
- Trump has chosen Pat Cipollone as new White House counsel, sources say
- Litigator Pat Cipollone considered top contender for new White House counsel