Nottingham Forest youngster Jake Taylor says he will thrive playing in front of thousands of fans while on loan at Port Vale. The 20-year-old midfielder joined John Askey’s side this summer to get his first taste of first-team experience. And he has already turned out four times for the Valiants this season and three times at Vale Park. During their win over Plymouth Argyle last time out, Vale were backed by over 5,000 fans in Burslem – the biggest crowd Taylor has ever played in front of. “That is what I have come here for. I will thrive off that, it means a lot more,” he said. “In sticky patches in the game [the fans] get us through it. “You don’t get many at Under-23s games, a few hundred at best. So, playing in front of thousands is a great experience.” Taylor climbed the youth ranks at Forest after joining from Manchester United five years ago. And while he has enjoyed his time at Nigel Doughty Academy, he felt now was the right time to make the step into first-team football. “Under-23s football is more about development. But now you are in it – you are in the hustle and… Read full this story
- Forest youngster Arvin Appiah lifts silverware with England
- Forest one of few teams in Championship with 'five or six really top players'
- Why Benjamin Kimpioka has not played much first team football for Sunderland this season
- Cahill to leave Chelsea in January in search of first-team football
- 'Nottingham Forest are a good team – they need to start acting like one'
- Why former Sunderland midfielder Paddy McNair is facing a battle for first team football at Middlesbrough
- Aitor Karanka keeps a close eye on Nottingham Forest youngsters
- Giving youngsters a taste of the stunning great outdoors
- Sunderland youngster on first team breakthrough and what comes next under Jack Ross
- How Wales and Liverpool star Harry Wilson became the talk of football
Forest youngster thriving on first taste of first team football have 324 words, post on www.nottinghampost.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.