World By Jack Goodman & Olga Robinson BBC Reality Check 19 September 2019 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-49515462 Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Related TopicsReality Check Indonesia is currently in the throes of the so-called fire season, which coincides with the driest months of the year.Vast tracts of forest in Brazil, Russia and Africa have also been burning.The extent of the fires has sparked outrage around the world.GettySiberia, one of the coldest places on Earth, is on fire. The Amazon, one of the wettest places on Earth, is on fire. Fires are burning across the planet, we need to act fast…. Read full this story
- The Year in Risk - Recap of Natural and Man-Made Disasters of 2010
- Feds to Butte County: ‘You’re not going to be able to rebuild Paradise the way it was’
- Official: California must mull home ban in fire-prone areas
- It was a year of deadly wildfires. That's likely the new normal.
- The Energy 202: NAACP joins environmental groups in calling for Scott Pruitt's ouster
- Government Inaction Puts World on Track for 'Catastrophic' Climate Change, U.N. Warns
- Global warming cooks up 'a different world' over 3 decades
- Miami, FSU stage another thrilling finish
- Side Kicks: Making faces in a two-way mirror
Forest fires: Are they worse than in previous years? have 313 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.