A firefighter has died in an incident at Neyland Marina in Milford Haven. The 35-year-old died died after two boats crashed in the waterway at 11.30am on Tuesday. Police have now confirmed that the man was a serving firefighter with Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service. Reports have suggested that the incident happened during a training exercise but this has not been confirmed by Dyfed-Powys Police . A spokeswoman said: “Next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers. Specialist teams from both the fire and rescue service and police were also on scene supporting witnesses. “We have informed the Marine Accident Investigation Board and will be working with them to establish what happened here today. “Our thoughts go out to the family of the deceased and to his colleagues at Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service.” The Welsh Ambulance Service and the Coastguard were also at the scene on Tuesday morning.
- Woman dies after crash with five stationary cars
- Woman dies in crash after police pursuit
- Woman, 99, dies after crash on A82
- Daughter’s heartbreak after mum Michelle Healy dies in crash
- GAA club left in shock after 'absolute gent' dies in crash
- Belfast man (52) dies after crash near Nutt's Corner
- Motorcylist dies after crash involving car and lorry
- Great-grandmother, 87, dies following crash in Port Talbot
- Man killed in jet-boat crash named
- One dead after jet boat crash in Fiordland
Firefighter, 35, dies after two boats crash in marina have 238 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.