Hundreds of people attended a beach party inPort Erin on Saturday, organised jointly by Beach Buddies and Breast Cancer Now.
The event had been postponed from earlier in the summer because of high winds but this time the sun shone and the crowds enjoyed a range of attractions.
The family-focussed event featured entertainment ranging from live bands to a children’s treasure hunt and tables with arts and crafts, face painting, a raffle and games on the beach for all ages.
Bill Dale from Beach Buddies said: ’Many thanks are due to Manx Telecom for their sponsorship and to lots of local traders in Port Erin who have donated prizes for the competitions we are running. And also to Port Erin Commissioners and the Bay Hotel for their excellent support.
’All the local facilities were also available on the day, including cafes, restaurants, bars and, of course, great ice cream, plus kayaks and paddle boards.’
This event saw the two charities working together for the second time and Mr Dale said they have some brand new ideas in the pipeline for 2020. Instead of an admission fee there were collection boxes for donations to the two charities.
â?¢ Order copies of these photos and more taken by our photographers at iomtoday.co.im/buyaphoto
- This toy soldier family from Manhattan Beach took Halloween by storm
- The Ten Best Fourth of July Weekend Parties in Miami
- Vacationing in Myrtle Beach
- Parents' picks: The best places for families on Long Island
- Half of parents haven't visited a beach with their children in the last year, study finds
- What you need to know to get around Miami Beach on Memorial Day weekend
- The Best New York City Beaches to Hit Up This Summer—And the One to Avoid
- Wild college students on spring break descend upon South Padre, Texas
- Orange County beach fire pits: How to snag, hold your spot