0 Post a comment Sunday, 15 September 2019 – Events by A Reporter – Reporter [email protected] Hundreds of people attended a beach party inPort Erin on Saturday, organised jointly by Beach Buddies and Breast Cancer Now. The event had been postponed from earlier in the summer because of high winds but this time the sun shone and the crowds enjoyed a range of attractions.The family-focussed event featured entertainment ranging from live bands to a children’s treasure hunt and tables with arts and crafts, face painting, a raffle and games on the beach for all ages.Bill Dale from Beach Buddies said: ’Many thanks are due to Manx Telecom for their sponsorship and to lots of local traders in Port Erin who have donated prizes for the competitions we are running. And also to Port Erin Commissioners and the Bay Hotel for their excellent support.’All the local facilities were also available on the day, including cafes, restaurants, bars and, of course, great ice cream, plus kayaks and paddle boards.’This event saw the two charities working together for the second time and Mr Dale said they have some brand new ideas in the pipeline for 2020. Instead of an admission fee there were… Read full this story
- Incredible Easter deals for all the family at Plymouth's top attractions
- Where To Go For A Beach Holiday In Europe
- Jarrow schoolboy turns clean-up mission into family affair
- Hire an eco-friendly Volkswagen for a stress-free family break to Devon
- The legendary places we all spent our holidays as 90s and 80s kids
- The places in Surrey you should take everyone who comes to visit
- 70 wonderful ways to spend a day off in Surrey
- 7 homes you can buy with the most priceless views in Wales
- 'I finally left my controlling boyfriend so he destroyed my home'
- What is causing the steady exodus of children from downtown Madrid?
Families enjoy party on the beach in the south have 313 words, post on www.iomtoday.co.im at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.