Former Barcelona and Inter star Samuel Eto’o has seemingly called time on his illustrious career in a message via social media.
Eto’o – a three-time Champions League winner among other honours – last played for Qatari outfit Qatar SC in 2018-19.
And the 38-year-old ex-Cameroon striker appears set for life after football following Friday’s Instagram post.
“THE END, TOWARDS A NEW CHALLENGE,” Eto’o wrote.
“Thank you all big love… adrenaline.”
Eto’o enjoyed a trophy-laden career after emerging from Real Madrid’s youth team in 1997 – making three appearances for the Spanish giants.
He won the Champions League twice with Barcelona and again during his time at Inter, where Eto’o was part of the club’s 2009-10 treble-winning side.
In total, Eto’o celebrated 15 club titles – including three LaLiga trophies – following spells with Mallorca, Barca, Inter, Anzhi Makhachkala, Chelsea, Everton, Sampdoria, Antalyaspor, Konyaspor and Qatar SC.
Eto’o earned 118 caps for Cameroon as he became the country’s all-time leading scorer with 56 goals, while winning two African Cup of Nations titles and gold at the 2000 Olympic Games.
- Falling world oil prices pose new challenges: Prime Minister
- New challenges call for new measures to boost exports to US
- Information Security: New Challenges in Digital Era
- New challenges for Vietnam
- Hoi An's tourist sector copes with new challenges
- Strategic APEC shift to tackle new challenges
- New urban railway poses new challenges to Hanoi
- New challenges for timber exports to EU
- Many New Challenges Facing Vietnam Economy
- New Challenges for Textile and Garment Industry
- New challenge for exported bicycles to EU
- Retirement age will now rise gradually from 2021
- TPP to usher in a new chapter of partnership and prosperity
- Klinsmann named as new US coach
- AIA Group names new CEO
- Globalisation - Opportunities and Challenges for All Countries
- Home-sharing a challenge for hotels
- TPP parties target end of year agreement
- Vietnam Electronics Enterprises Facing Challenges
- Puyol to leave Barcelona at end of season
Eto'o to retire? 'The end, towards a new challenge!' have 308 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at September 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.