The television Academy paid its final adieu to Game of Thrones tonight, honoring the cast with a standing ovation — but not necessarily in awards. Game of Thrones' final season was practically shut out at the main Emmy's telecast. The show did take home the award for Best Drama Series, and Peter Dinklage won the award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama for his role as Tyrion Lannister. Those two wins at tonight's telecast, combined with the 10 awards the show won at the Creative Arts Emmys last week , means Game of Thrones ties its previous record for most wins for a single season of television. The show previously won 12 awards for its fifth season in 2015, setting a new record. The lack of awards may not be too surprising for fans considering the response to the show's eighth and final season received. Many critics were largely underwhelmed, and a portion of fans were disappointed. Still, welcoming the cast on stage and standing for the actors involved in HBO's popular series was a heartwarming display of support and celebration for the series. Still, it was a great night overall for HBO. The network saw awards for some… Read full this story
- Billy Porter Denies Giving Side-Eye to RuPaul During Emmys: 'Don't Come to Me with That'
- Catherine Burns: The Vanishing of an Oscar-Nominated Actress
- Oscars 2020: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge looks chic in a jumpsuit as she joins male companion to celebrate Fleabag's win at the Broadcast Awards
- Oscars In Memoriam Snubs: Luke Perry, Jan-Michael Vincent, Michael J. Pollard, More
- Netflix Aimed High But Came Up Short At 2020 Oscars As ‘The Irishman’ Ran Out Of Luck
Emmys 2019: the complete list of winners have 282 words, post on www.theverge.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.