POLICE were called with a report of criminal damage in Stanhope Park, Holsworthy, which happened between 7pm on Tuesday, September 3, and 9am on Wednesday, September 4.
Metal railings were pulled from the ground and damage was caused to a Skate Park sign. There was also graffiti damage.
On Wednesday evening, the town council met for it’s full meeting where the vandalism was discussed.
Also in attendance were Sergeant Dave Monkton and PFCSO Mark James. PFCSO James told councillors: “It looks as though the bolts have been removed from the railings, do you believe it is Skate Park users who have done this?”
Cllr Jon Hutchings said it was possible as it wasn’t the first time the railings had been removed: “We think it is the Skate Park users removing them as they get in the way of some of their skateboard tricks.”
Cllr Richard Brown blamed the vandalism on the lack of police patrols in the area.
Devon County Councillor Barry Parsons disagreed and said there was a lot of work going on with regard to local policing, with a number of new initiatives targeting rural crime.
Sgt Dave Monkton added: “A Rural Crime Team was set up in the last six to 12 months, so is still in the very early stages, but it is something I hope will expand in due course.”
One councillor believed they had more information that could help the investigation into the vandalism at Stanhope Park.
Sergeant Monkton added: “Our investigation into the vandalism at the Skate Park is ongoing and any information you have please pass it on to us, if we don’t know we can’t do anything!”
Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101, or email [email protected], quoting crime reference CR/080200/19
- FAQs About Valet Parking Concerns on Your Vegas Vacation
- Collect Shopping Carts Safely and Efficiently - How to Keep Your Parking Lot Clean
- How to Pick a Good Used Home For Your Mobile Home Park
- Skateboarding Parks
- Florida Beach Parks - Great Places For Florida Beach Vacations
- The Joy of RC Electric Park Flyers
- Safe Family Fun at the Water Park
- Extinction Rebellion criticised for comparing Tube activists with Rosa Parks
- Police probe alleged arson in parking lot of east London fast food restaurant
- Love the Outdoors? Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage and Sun Spots