PUBLISHED: 14:00 16 September 2019
Clapton CFC women celebrate a goal against Regents Park Rangers (Pic: Max Reeves)
Clapton Community FC’s women fought back to grab a point in a 1-1 draw against Regents Park Rangers on Sunday.
In the hot September sun, the hosts took an early lead when a forward finished off a lofted ball into the box.
You may also want to watch:
Attacker Naomi Scriven, who had grabbed two goals in last week’s league opener against Luton Town Development, was causing the Regent’s Park defenders problems with her pace and power.
This pressure paid off when a pinpoint Ciara Monahan corner was headed home by Zhane Amoaten for the equaliser.
The Tons just about edged a scrappy second half in terms of attacking play. But the opposition, who have just dropped down to the Greater London Women’s Football League Division One from the Premier, were solid in defence. Clapton’s attention will now turn to next Sunday’s Woman’s FA Cup preliminary round clash with Oakwood Ladies at The Stray Dog.
- Hull City 2 Queens Park Rangers 2: Bowen bags brace but R's fightback to make their point
- Queens Park Rangers 1 Preston North End 4
- SWPL: Hibernian thump Rangers to stay top
- Women's FA Cup second round: Famous names, flawless Wasps and a Wales legend
- Lafferty bags two but Rangers can only manage draw against Motherwell
- Carl Marston’s Around the Grounds: the rise of Brightlingsea Regent
- QPR Women progress in FA Cup by hammering Oakwood Ladies
- Introduce kids to the joys of camping in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Rangers are poor and Celtic don't need to beat them to win league says Beattie