PUBLISHED: 14:00 16 September 2019
Clapton CFC women celebrate a goal against Regents Park Rangers (Pic: Max Reeves)
Clapton Community FC’s women fought back to grab a point in a 1-1 draw against Regents Park Rangers on Sunday.
In the hot September sun, the hosts took an early lead when a forward finished off a lofted ball into the box.
You may also want to watch:
Attacker Naomi Scriven, who had grabbed two goals in last week’s league opener against Luton Town Development, was causing the Regent’s Park defenders problems with her pace and power.
This pressure paid off when a pinpoint Ciara Monahan corner was headed home by Zhane Amoaten for the equaliser.
The Tons just about edged a scrappy second half in terms of attacking play. But the opposition, who have just dropped down to the Greater London Women’s Football League Division One from the Premier, were solid in defence. Clapton’s attention will now turn to next Sunday’s Woman’s FA Cup preliminary round clash with Oakwood Ladies at The Stray Dog.
- Scottish Cup semi-final draw: Celtic and Rangers set for Old Firm derby if Gers can see off Aberdeen in replay
- Park rangers rescue six baby elephants trapped in mud pit
- Ex-Derby boss being considered for Queens Park Rangers job
- Next Queens Park Rangers manager odds: Ex-City bosses in running
- Queens Park Rangers shoot Swans down
- The council is hiring more than a dozen new park rangers in Derby
- Safari park ranger desperately flees to safety after car burst into flames inside the lion enclosure
- Hull City 2 Queens Park Rangers 2: Bowen bags brace but R's fightback to make their point
- Waddington and Carnavale double up as Brent thump Regents Park to claim cup
- Hull City 2 Queens Park Rangers 2: Nigel Adkins left frustrated as Tigers let lead slip