Chavit eyes top post of municipalities’ league
NARVACAN, Ilocos Sur: Mayor Luis “Chavit” Singson is gearing up for the national presidency of the League of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP).
Based on the LMP’s by-laws, provincial chapter presidents will hold their National Directorate meeting on the second Monday of October in Manila to elect a new set of league officers.
In his nearly 30 years of public service, Singson had served the province as governor, congressman, councilor and now mayor of this town.
He led the then cash-strapped Philippine Councilors League (PCL), transforming it into a vibrant body and leaving it with P85-million funds in the bank.
Mayor Rey Buhisan of Magsaysay town in Misamis Oriental province said the election set next month was declared a free zone with no political party fielding a candidate.
“With this, Singson is widely seen as a sure winner by the country’s more than 1,400 municipal mayors,” according to Buhisan.
He said Singson has always been an achiever, a leader who is constantly committed to higher goals.
“He has what it takes to lead the LMP. His drive for excellence is a factor in his enduring success,” Buhisan added.
Singson, along with Vigan City Mayor Eva Marie Singson-Medina, was instrumental in making Vigan City one of the “New 7 Wonder Cities” of the world.
He also authored Republic Act 7171, the law extending special support to farmers of Virginia tobacco-producing provinces.
The law brought billions of pesos in excise taxes to the beneficiary provinces.
- Premier League: Jordan Henderson Humdinger Helps Liverpool Sink Chelsea
- Sony opens up PS4 Rocket League cross-play with Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Role-Locking Could Resuscitate The Overwatch League
- Ajax Poked Real Madrid In Eye, Socked Them In The Gut, And Tossed The Doubled-Over Body In A Wood Chipper
- Chelsea reach Europa League final after penalty win
- AIFF eyes football renaissance with 'Baby Leagues'
- Overwatch League's Eqo Faces Punishment After Making Slant-Eye Gesture On Stream
- Compete Discusses: Is Overwatch League Any Good, Or What
- Overwatch League's Dallas Fuel Is Not Having A Good Time Right Now
- How to watch Boxing Day Premier League games on Sky without a sports package