Staff at a Portadown butchers have raised more than £8k after they Braved the Shave in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Owner of T Knox and Sons Adrain Knox and workmates Vivien Wilson and Fergie Strolia got scalped on Saturday in front of a large crowd at their West Street store.
On Saturday alone the store raised £1,761.06 bringing their grand total to £8,251.06. That’s way above their £3k target.
Barry Knox said: “We will be signing over the huge cheque to Macmillan Cancer Support hopefully next week so donations are still welcome until then.
He wanted to thank all the local suppliers and businesses who kindly donated and all their customers for their words of encouragement and support as well as donations.
“I would like to thank all those who attended on the day, as well as Hair Play for sponsoring the Shave and yourselves at the Portadown Times for promoting it all,” he said.
The Brave the Shave was inspired by Vivien who were soon joined by her two colleagues.
Barry said: “Vivien has been a big part of our team for almost three years now at T.Knox & Sons.
“For anyone that knows Vivien, they will simply agree with me when I say, she is a kind hearted, selfless, fun, hardworking individual that always puts others before herself, hence stepping up for this brave fundraising challenge.”
Asked why she was prompted to do this for charity, Vivien said: “I have seen how cancer can affect people and their families and those who have lost loved ones to cancer.
“I had the unfortunate experience of seeing someone in the hospice at last care and I want to raise money towards this charity as donations are heavily relied on.
“Any money raised will make a real difference to someone’s life whether it be physical, financial or emotional support.”
There are donations boxes on the shop’s counters or click to donate online; https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/vivien-wilson
- Mets Lose to Braves and Reach a Season Low
- Braves name Dallas Keuchel starter for Game 1 of NLDS
- NHK tries to prime viewers for 8K with interactive features
- Would THIS Convince You to Stop Shaving?
- IMac 2017 Upgrade To 8K Resolution Could Double The Price Of The Screen
- Joan Lunden Shaves Her Head
- Shaving Rash Tips: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
- This Video of Women Shaving Their Heads to Support a Friend with Breast Cancer Will Make You Cry
- First beta of the Brave ad blocking browser released for OS X
- Shaving Or Waxing Pubic Hair Increases Risk Of Viral Infection