brexit countdown_bg Created with Sketch. Boris Johnson’s controversial adviser believes the Prime Minister will NOT have to ask for a Brexit extension under the new anti-No Deal legislation. Dominic Cummings, 47, is understood to have a ‘different interpretation’ of the meaning and effect of the rebel anti-No Deal bill – which is expected to receive royal assent on Monday. The legislation is designed to force the PM to seek a Brexit delay beyond October 31 if Britain and Brussels have not struck an agreement in the run up to Halloween. But Mr Cummings, at a special advisers’ meeting last night said the Prime Minister will not need to do this, according to Sky News – sparking a fierce debate of how legally watertight the new legislation is. The way in which Mr Cummings plots to circumvent the legal obstacle was not revealed. Last night Mr Johnson was urged to break the law and become a martyr by Iain Duncan Smith, with the Prime Minister saying he was only bound ‘in theory’ by the anti-No Deal law. It has been revealed MPs have lined up a crack legal team and will go to court if necessary to avoid No Deal. Today, the… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson says everyone must obey the law while he breaks international law
- 'There is no evidence that voting was compromised': DHS agencies overseeing election security say it was 'the most secure in American history' as Trump claims 'software stole millions of his votes'
- Brexit news LIVE – Govt vows to press ahead with Brexit bill despite House of Lords rejecting law-breaking powers
- With Biden elected, a no-deal Brexit would make Britain a pariah. It can't happen
- Boris Johnson on last chance, say Tory MPs after Lee Cain row
- Brexit latest news – Barnier BLASTS UK as ‘hypocrites’ over claims EU only offering ‘low value deal’ as deadline looms
- Brexit news LIVE – Joe Biden election win throws MAJOR spanner in works as Boris insists UK-EU trade deal can be done
- Raab warns second national shutdown is on the cards if Britons don't obey new laws that Boris has blamed on people breaking the rules over summer - but roads and rail are busier than ever on last day before 10pm pub curfew kicks in
- No 10 braces for an 'explosive stunt' by Cummings after 'Princess Nut Nuts' gave him coup de grace: PM's adviser 'won't drift away quietly' after being booted out for good 'following confrontation over texts that fell into hands of fiancée Carrie Symonds'
- 'There's a revolution happening': Dominic Cummings 'is looking for a way to leave No10 without losing face' as his Vote Leave empire 'starts to fall apart' after Carrie and her squad see off Boris aide Lee Cain in brutal civil war
Boris Johnson's chief strategist Dominic Cummings says his legal 'interpretation' is that PM WON'T have to obey rebel law banning No Deal Brexit despite former top prosecutor warning Boris would face prison have 449 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.