ARSENAL striker Alexandre Lacazette will be out of action until October.
The French striker is still suffering with an ankle problem.
Lacazette limped off after just nine minutes of the 3-1 away defeat to Liverpool on August 24.
He started the following game, a 2-2 draw with Tottenham, but was substituted on 63 minutes despite scoring in the North London derby.
He appeared to be limping as he made his way to the dugout.
It could mean boss Unai Emery puts all his trust in new-signing Nicolas Pepe to provide the support for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
MIDFIELD WORRIES TOO
It is in midfield, though, that boss Unai Emery may have a problem.
Joe Willock, Granit Xhaka and Lucas Torreira have all had some issues of late.
Willock, fresh from signing a new contract at the Emirates, suffered with calf inflammation with England’s Under-21s but is expected to be fit.
Torreira was taken off before half-time in Uruguay’s 2-1 friendly win over Costa Rica last weekend and then missed the USA game.
INTERNATIONAL BREAK DISRUPTIVE
Arsenal have not reported any injuries from the international break but it is reported by Premier Injuries that he has just a 25 per cent chance of featuring due to a ‘muscular’ problem.
And Swiss general Xhaka is also at risk of missing out.
Like Torreira, he was forced off representing his country before then admitting he had been struggling with an injury for a while.
Latest Arsenal News
Tottenham vs Arsenal women FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time, team news
Arsenal news LIVE – Latest updates from the Emirates
Arsenal line up January transfer swoop for £43m Pau Torres to fix defensive woes
Could West Ham vs Arsenal be postponed and why is Spurs game going ahead?
Scott off the press
Former England and Arsenal player Alex Scott is confirmed for Strictly
Cazorla given standing ovation as he scores first Spain goal in four years
He said: “I’ve been suffering from Achilles tendon pain for a few weeks now.
“I felt it during the game. It hurts now, but it should be okay otherwise.”
So with Xhaka and Torreira doubts, Arsenal could line up with a midfield three of Willock, Matteo Guendouzi and Dani Ceballos.
- Arteta wants Lacazette talks over Arsenal future
- Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Saka, Lacazette strike blow in battle for Europe
- FA Cup: Chelsea, Arsenal move into semis
- Transfer news: Griezmann to Arsenal; Alaba to Man City
- 11pm Arsenal news LIVE: Arteta asked about Partey transfer, William Saliba ‘angry’ with Gunners, Aubameyang updates
- Arsenal 1-1 Leicester City: Ten-man Gunners blunted by late Vardy equaliser
- Sheff Utd 1 Arsenal 2: Gunners scrape through thanks to Ceballos injury-time winner after Blades spark late comeback
- Brighton claim crucial win as Maupay and Leno injury ruin Arsenal's day
- Jamie Vardy's late goal earns Leicester useful point against 10-man Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos strike sinks Sheffield United and puts Arsenal in semi-final
- Arsenal ratings: Xhaka looks back to his best and Aubameyang makes history but Lacazette is weak link against Norwich
- Premier League: Rampant Man Utd rout Bournemouth, Arsenal outgun Wolves
- Arsenal eye shock Memphis Depay transfer with Man Utd flop seen as Lacazette replacement by Arteta this summer
- Surging Arsenal hammer Norwich
- Premier League restart: Which players will be back from injury when season resumes?
- Aubameyang, Vardy score in Arsenal-Leicester draw
- Arteta: Arsenal success relies on defensive solidity, togetherness
- Arsenal breeze to big win over self-destructive Norwich
- Arsenal talking to Real Madrid over Ceballos deal
- Dani Ceballos: Mikel Arteta keen to keep on-loan Real Madrid midfielder at Arsenal
Arsenal dealt another injury blow with Alexandre Lacazette ruled out until October have 596 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.