ARSENAL striker Alexandre Lacazette will be out of action until October.
The French striker is still suffering with an ankle problem.
Lacazette limped off after just nine minutes of the 3-1 away defeat to Liverpool on August 24.
He started the following game, a 2-2 draw with Tottenham, but was substituted on 63 minutes despite scoring in the North London derby.
He appeared to be limping as he made his way to the dugout.
It could mean boss Unai Emery puts all his trust in new-signing Nicolas Pepe to provide the support for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
MIDFIELD WORRIES TOO
It is in midfield, though, that boss Unai Emery may have a problem.
Joe Willock, Granit Xhaka and Lucas Torreira have all had some issues of late.
Willock, fresh from signing a new contract at the Emirates, suffered with calf inflammation with England’s Under-21s but is expected to be fit.
Torreira was taken off before half-time in Uruguay’s 2-1 friendly win over Costa Rica last weekend and then missed the USA game.
INTERNATIONAL BREAK DISRUPTIVE
Arsenal have not reported any injuries from the international break but it is reported by Premier Injuries that he has just a 25 per cent chance of featuring due to a ‘muscular’ problem.
And Swiss general Xhaka is also at risk of missing out.
Like Torreira, he was forced off representing his country before then admitting he had been struggling with an injury for a while.
Latest Arsenal News
Tottenham vs Arsenal women FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time, team news
Arsenal news LIVE – Latest updates from the Emirates
Arsenal line up January transfer swoop for £43m Pau Torres to fix defensive woes
Could West Ham vs Arsenal be postponed and why is Spurs game going ahead?
Scott off the press
Former England and Arsenal player Alex Scott is confirmed for Strictly
Cazorla given standing ovation as he scores first Spain goal in four years
He said: “I’ve been suffering from Achilles tendon pain for a few weeks now.
“I felt it during the game. It hurts now, but it should be okay otherwise.”
So with Xhaka and Torreira doubts, Arsenal could line up with a midfield three of Willock, Matteo Guendouzi and Dani Ceballos.
- Arsenal 2 Everton 0: Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on target
- England dealt injury blow as key men is ruled out of squad
- Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang tear Fulham apart to continue Arsenal run
- Silence is goal-den for Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette
- Alexandre Lacazette 'makes shock decision' on Arsenal future
- Arsenal head coach Unai Emery hails goalscorers Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after 3-2 win at Cardiff
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: I’m happy to play on the left if Arsenal head coach Unai Emery picks Alexandre Lacazette as striker
- Trump dealt double blows as ex-lawyer alleges he directed Stormy Daniels payment
- Man City's de Bruyne hit by injury blow
- Cardiff City 2 Arsenal 3: Alexandre Lacazette stakes claim for starting role in hard-fought win