AFL great Danny Frawley has been remembered as a ‘mate’s mate’, a loving father and husband, at a memorial service more than a week after his ute slammed into a tree in country Victoria. Family, friends, movie stars and fellow football players gathered to farewell the 56-year-old on Wednesday, after the father-of-three’s tragic death near Ballarat, not far from the potato farm he grew up on. Hundreds of mourners listened at Kingston Town Hall in Moorabbin, Melbourne as a Who’s Who of sport and entertainment – from Garry Lyon to Bruce McAvaney and Eric Bana – gathered to pay their respects. Danny’s wife, Anita and daughters Chelsea, Danielle and Keeley spoke through tears in a video tribute, with one saying: ‘I’m so proud he’s my father. I’m so proud … I know he was my dad but he was also my best friend’. Danny, who captained St Kilda for nine seasons, was a champion of mental health awareness and had been open about his battle with depression in the past. But his mental health deteriorated in the days before he died, which his family has been extraordinarily forthcoming about. Wife Anita told mourners Danny had always thought he was ‘Bulletproof Dan’ -… Read full this story
- New father dies in car crash after visiting baby, wife at hospital
- Friends remember Cameron parish family who died in crash
- She helped a Lansing prisoner escape in a dog crate 12 years ago. Here’s her story
- Italy's leader comforts mourners at funeral as bridge toll rises
- Who Set Jessica Chambers On Fire? The Internet Is Trying To Find Out
- A World War II bomber lies deep in a NC lake. The pilot’s bride witnessed the crash.
- The Insane True Story Of How "Titanic" Got Made
- 41 years after she tragically lost 5 family members, a daughter meets the journalist who delivered the awful news
- 25 reasons we still love Will Ferrell
- A Christmas gift: Stories of bridges across the divide
'A mate's mate ... who loved his family': Tears, tall stories and laughs as a Who's Who of sport and TV honour Danny 'Spud' Frawley in an emotionally-charged funeral after he died in a car crash have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.