Motsi Mabuse will take her seat on the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel for the first time tonight, following Darcey Bussell’s departure. The older sister of Strictly favourite Oti, the 38-year old has some serious dance pedigree. A former Latin champion, she has appeared as a judge on Let’s Dance, the German equivalent of Strictly, since 2011, having joined the show as a professional four years earlier. As she gears up for her Strictly debut, we’ve gathered some surprising facts about the star, from her original career plan to her side hustles… 1. She was supposed to study law, not dance Mabuse was expected to join her family’s law firm, but ended up pursuing her interest in dance while studying at the University of Pretoria. She eventually dropped out of her legal studies in order to pursue professional training and became a runner up in the national dance championships. 2. She moved to Germany when she was 18 After meeting dance partner Timo Kulczak at the British Open Championship in Blackpool, Mabuse chose to move to his home nation, Germany, despite not yet being able to speak the language. Luckily, the decision paid off. She went on to marry Kulczak… Read full this story
- Five things to know about 'Breaking Dawn' after watching the trailer
- 'Outlander': 9 Things to Know About Season 4 of the Starz Drama
- 11 Things to Know Before You Go to Morocco
- Her.ie lists out 16 things to know before visit Vietnam
- 19 Essential Things to Know Before Visiting Universal Studios, Orlando
- 8 Vital Things to Know About Travel Insurance
- Perino: Next Thing You Know, Dems Going To Call Paul Ryan ‘Ugly’ And Say His ‘Mama Wears Combat Boots’
- 2 OR 3 THINGS I KNOW ABOUT HIM
- 'Young Sheldon': 5 Things to Know About the 'Big Bang Theory' Prequel
- 'Feud:' 7 Things to Know About the Sequel to 'Baby Jane'
7 things you didn't know about Strictly's Motsi Mabuse have 309 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.