Updated 6:42 PM EDT Aug 22, 2019
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Online apparel retailer Zappos.com has made a five-year, $1.5 million commitment to Louisville athletics to refurbish lower bowl seats in Cardinal Stadium and restore their red color.
The university said in a news release the approximately 37,800 lower bowl seats were installed during the stadium’s 1998 construction. The release said replacing the seats would cost $6.5 million, but an industrial UV protective coating will be applied on the existing seats to restore the color and strengthen the seats.
The school also plans to replace 3,000 bucket-style seats in the softball and baseball stadiums with new slat-back seats. About 1,000 of the extracted seats will be coated with the UV protection and kept in storage as reserves for Cardinal Stadium.
Las Vegas-based Zappos.com has warehouses in Kentucky. Its name will be placed above the Cardinal Stadium field suites.
- Everton could use recycled ocean plastic in Bramley Moore Dock stadium seats
- Ferns N Petals unveils new range of gifts for upcoming Valentine’s Day
- 49 Gifts (That You Can Buy on Amazon) for Every Type of Mom
- African Safaris and Travel is Rebranding to http://www.photo-safaris.com
- No. 6 Louisville rolls Clemson 80-62 for 6th straight win
- If You Buy One Thing Today, Make It This Rarely-On-Sale Smartwool Base Layer
- BC faces tough test vs No. 6 Louisville
- MV Transportation Selected to Provide Paratransit Services for Louisville Region
- Balanced attack helps No. 5 Louisville rout Pittsburgh 83-49
- Everything you need to know for Cold Chisel’s Blood Moon bushfire gig at Bankwest Stadium