A calf injury to Josh Windass has added to Wigan Athletic boss Paul Cook’s growing problems.
Latics lost for the third time in a week on Saturday, with Leeds United running out 2-0 victors at the DW Stadium.
Windass was a surprising omission from the squad, and Cook revealed after the game he has been added to the casualty list.
“Josh was missing with a grade two calf injury,” reported Cook.
“He’ll be out for between two and three weeks, which is unfortunate for us.
“It’s a shame, but you can debate injuries all night.
“Joe Garner’s out, Anthony Pilkington’s out…we’ve got a few injuries at the minute.”
The former Rangers forward had started the campaign in impressive form, putting in a man-of-the-match performance against Cardiff on the opening day.
He’ll miss the trips to Middlesbrough on Tuesday and QPR next Saturday, as well as the visit of Barnsley on August 31.
There then follows an international break, meaning best-case scenario will see him return to the fold for the trip to Hull – where his dad, Dean, remains a legend – on September 14.
- Britain’s Got Talent bosses reveal behind the scenes video of Ant McPartlin ahead of his return to TV this weekend
- 'Once Upon a Time' Bosses Reveal Reason Behind Storybrooke Death and What's Next
- Marvel TV Watch: 'Cloak & Dagger,' 'Runaways' Bosses Reveal Season 2 Plans
- 'Drop Dead Diva' Boss Reveals 8 Game Changers for Season 4
- Love Island’s Eyal Booker moves on with Ellie Brown as bosses reveal shock dumping tomorrow night
- Benidorm bosses reveal first look at Claire Sweeney as sullen airport worker
- Coronation Street boss reveals a therapist was on set to speak to cast members when they filmed Aidan’s suicide storyline
- EastEnders bosses reveal first look at Kim Fox Hubbard’s baby after Phil Mitchell delivers it on Christmas Eve
- James Bond 25 bosses reveal cast including Rami Malek and Ana de Armas
- Emmerdale boss reveals Amy Wyatt will come back to the village with Marlon and Jessie