A calf injury to Josh Windass has added to Wigan Athletic boss Paul Cook’s growing problems. Latics lost for the third time in a week on Saturday, with Leeds United running out 2-0 victors at the DW Stadium.Windass was a surprising omission from the squad, and Cook revealed after the game he has been added to the casualty list.”Josh was missing with a grade two calf injury,” reported Cook.”He’ll be out for between two and three weeks, which is unfortunate for us.”It’s a shame, but you can debate injuries all night.”Joe Garner’s out, Anthony Pilkington’s out…we’ve got a few injuries at the minute.”The former Rangers forward had started the campaign in impressive form, putting in a man-of-the-match performance against Cardiff on the opening day.He’ll miss the trips to Middlesbrough on Tuesday and QPR next Saturday, as well as the visit of Barnsley on August 31.There then follows an international break, meaning best-case scenario will see him return to the fold for the trip to Hull – where his dad, Dean, remains a legend – on September 14. Leeds United had to guard against Wigan Athletic repeat, says Patrick Bamford
- A reference book for mind: U2opia Global boss reveals why 'Tools Of The Titans' is his favourite read
- Halo Trust boss reveals how 'emotional' Prince Harry found visiting the spot where his mother Princess Diana famously walked through an Angolan minefield
- Lidl vows to sell more British meat and fresh produce as bosses reveal they will invest £15 BILLION in UK supermarkets over next five years
- Evil Crime Boss Reveals His Sales and Marketing Tips
- LIC boss reveals Rs 23,000-crore reason why he's not worried about equity investments
- Wigan Football and Rugby Stadiums
- 'He was just protecting me': Footy star king hit in a Bali nightclub reveals why 'his brother' Nelson Asofa-Solomona 'went berserk' as he breaks his silence to reveal frightening details of the brawl
- REVEALED: Lebron James 'grilled NBA boss Adam Silver during closed-door meeting on possible punishments for Rockets GM over Hong Kong tweet' - and now the Lakers star is being accused by Ted Cruz of 'embracing Chinese government propaganda'
- Love Island Australia EXCLUSIVE: Twin brothers Luke and Josh Packham worked as teenage strippers... where they earned a VERY raunchy nickname for their impressive performances
- Why DO older contestants enter I'm A Celebrity? Four previous jungle celebs reveal the life lessons they learned in the snake pit of reality TV
Wigan Athletic boss reveals Josh Windass lay-off have 414 words, post on www.wigantoday.net at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.