Are we really more stressed than ever before? In an essay based on her recent book Stress-Proof, Mithu Storoni explains how modern life may have amplified our anxiety, and the best ways to reduce its impact on our bodies and minds Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Reddit Share on WhatsApp Share on Google+ Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Reddit Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share by Email By Mithu Storoni 14 August 2019 In November 2017, two eye surgeons from a hospital in Beirut reported an intriguing case of visual loss in a colleague. A specialist in the retina, the colleague had suddenly developed a patch of blurry vision in one eye just a day or two after an intensely stressful day in the operating room. This was not the first time it had happened. The surgeon had experienced four such episodes in just a year, each preceded by a stressful day of operating.The retinal surgeon was diagnosed with central serous chorioretinopathy (CSCR). A small amount of fluid had collected beneath a tiny region of his retina, causing it to temporarily detach. The condition resolved after a few weeks, and… Read full this story
- More than 90% of critical coronavirus patients treated with hydroxychloroquine developed signs of dangerous heart arrhythmias, two studies reveal
- Paranoia alert! Your stress can make you sense danger in harmless situations
- New Video Shows Tesla Driver and Passenger Apparently Sleeping While on 'Dangerous' Highway: 'It Was Weird'
- Meet the Elite Dangerous players helping others beat the grind during lockdown
- Report: Tesla Factory Workers Are in Danger Because Elon Musk Hates the Color Yellow
- 1.6 billion informal workers in danger of losing their jobs: International Labour Organization
- Orange County DA 'outraged' after commissioner releases 7 dangerous sex offenders due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Vogue editor Anna Wintour dares Trump to be the first to 'try drinking disinfectant' following his dangerous suggestion - as she insists 'we must choose new leadership' this year
- Biden, Warren stress need for transparency, oversight of relief payments
- Here Are The Side Effects Of Using Lubes!!
Why stress is dangerous have 347 words, post on www.bbc.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.