Two motorcyclists have died after a crash near Market Rasen.
Police have confirmed the deaths of the male riders, one of whom was aged in his 30s and the other in his 60s, following an accident on the B1225 yesterday.
It happened at around 6.15pm at Stone Farm in Thoresway and the road was closed for almost eight hours as emergency services carried out investigations at the scene.
A Lincolnshire Police statement said: “We received a call at 6.16pm to the B1225 at Stone Farm, Thoresway, after two motorbikes had been involved in a collision.
“Both male riders – one aged in his 30s from the Gainsborough area, and one aged in his 60s and from the Hull area – were pronounced dead at the scene.
“The road was closed while emergency services attended the scene. It was re-opened shortly before 2am this morning.”
An appeal to witnesses to the accident and anyone who may have dashcam footage of the crash or the vehicles leading up to it was also issued by Lincolnshire Police today.
The statement said: “If you were travelling on this road before the crash, or were overtaken by one of the motorbikes, we would like to hear from you.”
The incident follows a collision on the A1077 Thornton Road at the junction with the B1206 Wold Road in Barrow-Upon-Humber, shortly before noon on Friday in which two people died.
Anyone with information on the crash near Market Rasen can contact Lincolnshire Police by calling 101 quoting incident 382 of August 17 or by e-mailing [email protected] – please remember to put incident 382 of August 17 in the subject box.
Follow or contact Grimsby Live
Contact us : Email the reporter who wrote this story .
Follow Grimsby Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it or message us with a comment or story
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Grimsby Live on Twitter .
Follow us on Instagram – On the Grimsby Live Instagram page we like to feature great pictures from our area – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! Click here to follow Grimsby Live on Instagram .
- Driver decisions, not dust storm, to blame for fatal head-on truck crash near Truro, SA Police say
- Okada rider dies in head-on collision with another in Ughelli
- Off-duty HPD officer dies in wrong-way crash near Sealy
- Serious injuries, highway shut after crash near Wanaka Airport
- Plane Crashes Near Florida's Airport, Killing at Least Two - Reports
- At Least 50 Migrants Killed in Boat Crash Near Libya
- Auto driver, pillion rider die in two accidents in Mumbai
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured In Crash Near Balboa Park
- U.S. Navy Plane Crashes Near Japan With 11 People on Board
- Woman Pleads 'Not Guilty' After Deadly Crash Near Enumclaw