Former Conservative and Change UK MP Sarah Wollaston has joined the Liberal Democrats, according to reports.
The announcement came from Alex Wickham, senior political correspondent at BuzzFeed, on Twitter.
“The Lib Dems have finally got Sarah Wollaston over the line — announcement that she’s joining coming later,” he wrote.
“There will be huge pressure on her to call a by-election when she defects to the Lib Dems.”
While Adam Payne, political reporter at Business Insider, tweeted: “Sarah Wollaston is expected to be unveiled as a Lib Dem at a press conference tomorrow morning.”
Sarah Wollaston has been contacted for comment.
- Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson tells CBI conference 'we are the only ones standing up for you' as she vows to scrap business rates and replace them with a levy on landowners
- Jo's jamboree had all the fizz of a cheap spumante: HENRY DEEDES on the Lib Dems' limp manifesto launch
- Lib Dems would hire 20,000 more teachers and boost starting salaries to £30,000 in £10bn school investment pledge
- Lib Dems and SNP launch High Court legal challenge TODAY over ITV's decision to exclude Jo Swinson and Nicola Sturgeon from election debate with first head-to-head showdown between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn now less than 36 hours away
- Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson is branded a climate change 'hypocrite' for taking 77 flights in just 18 months before threatening frequent flier tax
- 'I Will Not Accept a Second Vote to Leave the EU' says Lib Dem Leader, Jo Swinson
- Lib Dem peer Baroness Linklater's son, 49, admits punching PhD student in the face because he was camping on family's estate but is cleared of all charges
- Congressional report says multiple institutions could have stopped Larry Nassar
- U.S. failing to stop China from stealing research, report says
- Jo Swinson says she smoked cannabis while at university and it was great as she calls for the drug to be legalised in her Lib Dem election manifesto