Paul Skrbina Nashville Tennessean Updated 11:01 PM EDT Aug 24, 2019 The sound was almost rhythmic. Cathartic, in some ways, to David Quessenberry. Thump. Thump. Thump. Leather gloves smacked against red, cushioned mats during a Titans practice earlier this week inside the white bubble at Saint Thomas Sports Park. Quessenberry, a 6-foot-5, 310-pound offensive tackle, stood behind one of the mats, his left hand squeezing as tight as his right while teammates took turns bum-rushing them during a drill. Thump. Thump. Thump. The 29-year-old absorbed each blow and readied himself for the next, from the 30-yard line to the 20-yard line to the 10-yard line. He and his offensive linemates moved closer to the door as practice wound down. Quessenberry, though, didn’t want to leave. He’s hell-bent on making this team — 53-man roster, practice squad, water boy. Doesn’t much matter to him. He’s playing football. He’s feeling healthy. He’s far from where he was more than five years ago, when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins T Lymphoblastic lymphoma. ‘Worst hangover ever’ The sound was frightening. Dreadful in many ways for David Quessenberry. Thump. Thump. Thump. His heart pummeled inside his chest. On June 6, 2014, a Friday, six doctors walked into a Houston hospital room… Read full this story
- 10-year-old boy who survived two bouts of cancer only to have his bone marrow transplant attack his own body is finally in remission with hard-won experimental treatment
- Atascocita community nears fundraising goal for high school teacher with cancer
- Are Pet Owners Really at Greater Risk of Cancer?
- The Strange Link Between Pet Ownership and Cancer In Women
- Pennsylvania Cancer Patients: They Were Fracking Directly Across From School
- Suicide and Lymphoma: My Journey
- The Gene Bubble: Curing Cancer, One Misleading Article at a Time
- Australian database seeks to identify breast implant risks
- Bayer faces skyrocketing US lawsuits over glyphosate
- Sports Shorts: Prajnesh stuns World No. 67 Millman
Titans David Quessenberry beat cancer, non-hodgkins lymphoma have 307 words, post on eu.tennessean.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.