At least three people have been killed in southwestern Japan as a result of floods triggered by torrential rains, media reported on Wednesday.
A man died when his car was washed away by streams of water on a road in Saga Prefecture, NHK broadcaster reported. Another man reportedly died in Fukuoka Prefecture and a woman was killed by the disaster in the city of Saga.
The Japanese authorities are evacuating 847,500 people in three prefectures in western Japan over potential floods and landslides, which could be caused by ongoing heavy rains, the Japanese Fire and Disaster Management Agency said on Wednesday.
The agency said that the evacuations were taking place in the prefectures of Saga, Fukuoka and Nagasaki, with over 355,000 houses in 14 cities coming under threat of destruction.
According to media reports, the Saga railway station is already flooded.
Heavy rains are expected in the coming days in northern regions of the Kyushu island, as well as other regions up to Tokyo.
- Indonesia seeds clouds in bid to prevent further rainfall after deadly floods
- At least 66 killed in flash flooding in India after torrential rain
- UK weather forecast – Battered Britain faces more flood chaos as torrential rain and snow to sweep country
- UK weather forecast – SNOW, 75mph gales and torrential rain to batter flood-ravaged Britain in three-day cold snap
- Cyclone brewing off the coast of Australia is gaining momentum and is set to drench parts of the country with torrential rain and dangerous storm surges
- Destructive winds, golf-sized hailstones and torrential rain: Melbourne is to be smashed by wild weather TODAY - as the thunderstorm makes it way towards Sydney
- Mississippi man catches 'dinner' on flooded road, more rain on the way for drenched South
- Yorkshire Dales hit by flooding following heavy rain
- Mississippi on the brink of near-record flooding as Pearl River swells with days of rain
- Britons are warned that even a little rain will cause MORE floods today as torrential deluge hammers UK for THIRD weekend in a row after Storms Ciara and Dennis
- Fury at Boris Johnson for 'staying away' from flooded towns - as woman becomes fifth victim of Storm Dennis and forecasters warn Britain will be hit by two MORE inches of rain this week
- South hit by devastating floods as Mississippi's Pearl River swells to highest level in 37 years and 3,000 residents are ordered to evacuate the state capital Jackson - and rains will continue through Thursday
- Australia's east coast braces for MORE rain and flooding amid the 'wettest week in decades' - after record downpours on the Gold Coast turned roads into raging rivers
- Floods in Indonesia's capital kill 21 people and force thousands to evacuate
- Flood-hit communities brace for more torrential downpours as winter storms continue to ravage Britain with a month's rain to fall today before 70mph winds and snow sweep in tomorrow
- Britain turns to bog: Aerial photos reveal devastating impact of floods that have left thousands homeless - as thousands more hold their breath with nine rivers rising to record levels and even more rain on the way
- Pray the defences HOLD! Anxious Britons bunker behind flood barriers while bracing for a MONTH'S rain today... after blockades arrived too late for the thousands left homeless from Storm Dennis deluge
- Bushfire-ravaged garlic farm on the NSW Mid North Coast faces fresh destruction from rain and floods
- The Latest: Continued rain expected in northern Mozambique
- UK weather forecast: 'Danger to life' warning as Storm Dennis brings 5 inches of rain
Three Dead Due to Floods Caused by Torrential Rains in Japan have 575 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.