If you are looking for a base for days out, a tiny Wendy house for sale in the Costwolds could be the perfect thing.
It’s just 45 minutes from Bristol, and arguably one of the cutest (and cheapest) houses for sale nearby.
The timber-framed tiny house will go up for auction at Chorley’s in September.
The Wendy house has entertained generations of children, having been built in Prinknash Bird and Deer Park, near Cheltenham – which is due to close this autumn.
The park was created in 1974 by Philip Meigh MA RCA, an established cartoonist and artist living locally.
The Wendy house is set to fetch between £12,000 and £15,000 at nearby Chorley’s auctioneers on September 17.
The auction house says it offers ”the unique opportunity for another public attraction or a private individual to acquire a stunning area for children’s parties or perhaps a spot of quiet contemplation for a (small) adult”.
The original Wendy house first appeared in J M Barrie’s 1904 play Peter Pan and was built for the character Wendy Darling.
The playhouse that was inspired by the wash-house at Barrie’s childhood home in Kirriemuir, Scotland, was built for Wendy on the ground where she had fallen after she was shot by the Lost Boy Tootles.
The auction house said: “The space features delightful follies, landscaped parkland and a host of carefully chosen deer, pygmy goats, miniature mediterranean donkeys and waterfowl.”
Today’s top stories
For the latest news in and around Bristol, check back on Bristol Live’s homepage.
- 'Boring' home is transformed into Australia's best renovation - complete with a glass elevator, a zen rooftop zone and a spectacular wine cellar
- CT Tiny Houses For Sale
- The Grass House, Fitzroy North sprouts big auction sale
- Heartache of the dumped handbag dogs: Celebs made them oh-so fashionable - but now rescue centres are filling up with tiny abandoned pets
- Inside the tiny new 'express' JB Hi-Fi convenience stores that offer huge bargains on the commute home
- Fight a war? Soon our tiny army will barely be up to Trooping the Colour
- TicHome Mini review: A portable, durable Google Home Mini
- Meet the suburban sleuths investigating the history behind Brisbane’s oldest homes
- Home theatre wins this cinematic round
- Binky Felstead looks casual in an oversized cream hoodie and black jeans at Amazon's Home Of Black Friday pop up