Source: Slidebot/Used with permission Whenever anyone learns that I am a college professor the next question is often “what do you teach?” For the sake of simplicity, I respond with “psychology,” although I specialize in educational psychology—the study of human motivation, cognition, and the best ways to enhance learning. Many people haven’t heard of “ed psych,” nor do they realize the substantial influence that educational psychologists play in the design of school curriculum and policy, teaching methods, and the cultivation of peak performance among employees, athletes, and other motivated individuals. In addition to helping companies and schools create productive work cultures and knowledgeable students, educational psychology explains what may appear to be peculiar human behavior. Have you ever wondered why people act weird, why some offer help while others refuse, or why certain kids hate school while some of their peers adore it? If so, your intellectual curiosity may be well-suited for a career in educational psychology; a profession that relies on research to answer these types of practical questions. As you read on, you’ll find that educational psychology explains far more about life than the typical behavior we encounter not only in classrooms but also at home and on… Read full this story
- The seven best heavyweights you’ve never heard of who’ll be fighting for world titles within 5 years, including KO kings
- Amber Heard is pictured smiling hours after Depp's 'iPhone attack': Actress claims 'cocaine and booze binges turned Johnny into an abusive monster who left her fearing for her life' - but why was this image deleted before court appearance?
- Trump advisor Peter Navarro accuses China of 'creating coronavirus probably in a lab' and 'committing four kills' with its response to COVID-19
- We Are Probably Only One-Tenth of the Way Through This Pandemic
- Will it be curtains down on Bhaichung Bhutia's career?
- Is a Lot Better Than You’ve Heard
- How a nonprofit you’ve never heard of made the web safer for everyone
- Chelsea fans split over most influential European transfer with Zola and Hazard neck and neck just ahead of Cech
- Jackie Slater says 'it means a great deal' spending entire career with Rams
- Amber Heard initially didn't make abuse claim in order to protect Depp's career, attorneys say
The Most Influential Career You've Probably Never Heard Of have 381 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.