According to the US Department of Corrections, cited by the US-based media, West maintained that he didn’t fatally stab a mother and her 15-year-old daughter in 1986. In particular, West said his then-17-year-old accomplice killed 51-year-old Wanda Romines and her daughter, Sheila Romines. West was 23 at the time, according to AP. The juvenile co-defendant reportedly received a life sentence, with parole possible in 2030. BREAKING: TDOC says Stephen West has been executed in the electric chair for the 1986 murder of Wanda and Sheila Romines @NC5 pic.twitter.com/EsKq6Mmhpy — Jason Lamb (@JasonLambNC5) August 16, 2019 However, In a court filing, the state said West brutally stabbed the victims to death, AP reported. West was also convicted of raping the teen. Tennessee Governor Bill Lee reportedly denied West’s clemency application, which also said West has been taking powerful medication to treat mental illness, AP said.
- Saudi Arabia Executes, Crucifies Man Convicted of Murder
- I considered exposing the man who raped me 30 years ago. Then I thought of his wife and family
- AFP: Tennessee executes first man in nearly a decade
- Woman uses Facebook to track down man who murdered her brother 40 years ago
- Paedophiles jailed for raping teenagers
- Tearful convict 'so sorry' to mother of Chesterfield man who was stabbed to death
- Teenager stabbed to death in street brawl in front of 15 witnesses
- 'Dirty' former magistrate jailed for raping teenage boy
- Brother of Sheffield man killed in street stabbing urges people to 'drop the knife'
- Who was Billy Ray Irick, why was he on death row in Tennessee and when was he executed?
Tennessee Executes Man Convicted of Raping Teenager, Stabbing Her Mother Three Decades Ago have 253 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.