A teenager has been charged with murder over the killing of James Halewood.
James died on July 7 after being stabbed multiple times outside a row of shops on Broad Lane in Kirkby.
The 21-year-old’s death sparked a massive police investigation that saw five people arrested.
On Monday, a man and two women were arrested in connection with the murder.
A police spokesperson has now confirmed that a 19-year-Old man from Kirkby was charged with murder and is being kept in custody until he appears in court.
Two women who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have been released under investigation.
In a statement, the force said: “Detectives have charged a man in connection with the murder of James Halewood in Kirkby in July.
“19-year-old Michael Wilkinson from Kirkby was charged with murder and kept in custody to appear tomorrow (Wednesday 14 August) at Liverpool Magistrates Court.
“Two women, aged 29 and 19, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.”
Top news stories
Anyone with information on the incident can still contact us on Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook Merseyside Police CC. You can also call 101 quoting reference 19100362642 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online form at: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information .
- Your Natural Breasts Can Grow After 21 Years Old, You're Not A Machine!
- How to Brainstorm the Best Jobs For 13 Year Olds This Summer
- Great Birthday Gifts for Girls Including 14 Year Old Teenage Girls
- Turbulent Threes: The Challenges of Living with a Three-Year-Old
- Child Behavior For A Three Year Old
- Leadership for the 18 Year Old
- Do Two Year Olds Learn Differently From Adults?
- Learn To Achieve Success By Watching A Two-Year Old
- What is a 50 Year Old Truck Driver Going to Do with No Retirement?
- Tips For Selecting Toys For Your Three-Year-Old