Devon G West
Whitchurch Wayfarers seconds v Hatherleigh thirds
A RAIN affected game saw Whitchurch’s faint hopes of promotion diminish. On winning the toss Hatherleigh had no hesitation in asking Whitchurch to bat first.
With the ball bouncing and fizzing like a firecracker it proved to be the correct decision. Hodge (14), Credicott (18) and Mansfield (15) all battled well against accurate bowling but progress was slow. At the half way stage 60-3 was all that was on the board. Cherrington (2-20) and Parsons (2-26) were the pick of the bowlers. A quick fire 22 from captain Webber brought a little urgency to the innings but a final score of 122 seemed a touch on the low side.
With the sun out and the pitch drying, the visitors made sure that they were never in trouble.
The scoreboard moved slowly and at the half way stage there was not much in it. Cherrington (17) and Chloe Rose (11) played the anchor roles before Zak Spears (50) picked up the pace with a classy innings that ensured that Hatherleigh were ahead of the game.
A heavy shower prevented any further play and left Hatherleigh the victors on run rate.
- Private companies will play key role in Colombia peace plan if Santos gets his way
- Inﬂuential outsiders played key role in EPA chief’s ambitious travel plans
- From the archives: Iowa farmhouse played key role in 'Twister' blockbuster
- Firms play key role in getting Lancaster Bomber sculpture get off the ground
- Pennsylvania's sleepy Senate race could still play key role
- TDP will play key role in 2019 LS polls: Chandrababu
- Horncastle school to play key role in training new teachers
- 2019 general election mandate will be like Karnataka; Federal Front will play key role: Telangana CM Chandrasekhar Rao
- St. Paul real estate veteran plays key role in development of Homesnap
- BR Analysis: Romania’s economic slowdown in Q1 due mainly to base effect, but weaker consumer confidence may have played key role