Elton John and Ellen DeGeneres spoke out on Monday (Aug 19) in support of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, calling them a down-to-earth and hardworking couple who were being unfairly attacked by the media. John recalled his friendship with Harry’s mother, the late Princess Diana, in a series of tweets in which he appealed to the press to stop the almost daily “relentless and untrue assassinations on their character.” The Rocketman singer was responding to criticism in Britain over two recent vacations taken by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their three-month-old baby Archie to Spain, and to the south of France, where the couple stayed at John’s villa in Nice. Britain’s Sun newspaper at the weekend blasted the royal couple – Queen Elizabeth’s grandson and his American wife, a former actress – as hypocritical “eco warriors” for flying on private jets despite voicing concerns over the environment and conservation. John tweeted that he provided Harry and Meghan with a private jet to his home for security reasons but said a contribution was made to Carbon Footprint Ltd, which offsets carbon emissions by funding environmentally friendly projects. He added that he was “deeply distressed by (the) distorted and malicious account… Read full this story
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's US election intervention 'violated' terms of 'Megxit' deal with the Queen, say senior aides - as they discuss how to distance Royal Family from couple
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding chef Clare Smyth reveals the Duchess ‘is very into food and the restaurant world' and says third Michelin star feels like 'winning the World Cup'
- Prince Harry Wants to Retain His Honorary Military Titles and Spend More Time in UK, Report Says
- PIERS MORGAN: The Queen must tell Prince Harry he's not getting his military titles back - he was a brave soldier, but that doesn't mean he can be an absentee armchair general from 5000 miles away in his Californian mansion
- Meghan Markle 'will stay home while Prince Harry visits the UK' to see his family for the first time since Megxit - but insiders say it's not a snub and will avoid a diplomatic drama
- Prince Harry says lockdown travel bans have caused 'acute hardship' but urges the industry to 'reset and reimagine with new optimism' in foreword to annual report for his sustainable tourism project Travalyst
- Prince Harry & Meghan's £11million home is full of secret meanings - see inside
- Meghan Markle will be 'snubbing' the royal family if she chooses not to join Prince Harry when he returns to the UK this summer and it will cast a 'dark shadow over the Queen's celebrations', royal expert claims
- Prince Harry debuts kitchen inside £11.2million house with Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry told to 'drop titles' and 'become US citizen' if he wants to voice opinions
Prince Harry and wife Meghan's celebrity friends defend their use of private jets have 459 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.