BY MIRIAM ZARRIGA
Traditional dancers entertained the crowd as Prime Minister James Marape arrives at the Prince Charles Oval in Wewak, East Sepik Province.
Prime Minister James Marape welcomed in Wewak
Greeting the PM was opposition leader Patrick Pruaitch and Governor for East Sepik Allan Bird.
Mr Marape was met by the general public and students who gathered in the stadium.
Mrs Rachael Marape who accompanied her husband was greeted by her relatives from the Sepik River and who were in their traditional attire, as they shed tears.
The Prime Minister will officially launch the European Union Funding project for East and West Sepik provinces.
East Sepik Governor Allan Bird said that the Sepik people are grateful to the people of EU member states and their representatives in Port Moresby for this very significant rural support program for greater Sepik Region.
School Students from Kreer Primary, Brandi Secondary, Passam National High School and Maprik Secondary were also at the airport and welcomed the Prime Minister
- Prime Minister visits Northern Ireland farmers to discuss Brexit- one year ahead of UK's EU exit
- Armenia's New Prime Minister Visits Nagorno-Karabakh
- Prime Minister Theresa May says Brexit plan will deliver 'brighter future for all' on Northern Ireland visit
- Prime Minister in plea for return of Stormont to give Northern Ireland a full say in Brexit talks
- Theresa May doing a 'fantastic' job on Brexit, says Donald Trump and brands criticism of UK Prime Minister as 'fake news'
- I'll rebuild Northern Ireland roads if elected Prime Minister, says Labour's Corbyn
- Sinn Fein accuse Prime Minister May of visiting Belfast to pick a fight
- Where is Chequers, how long has it been the Prime Minister’s country residence and when is Donald Trump visiting?
- Belleek Pottery boss: Our message to Prime Minister hit home
- Cabinet Ministers visit Northern Ireland over customs arrangements