Port Vale player ratings from the 2-1 defeat at home to Burton.
SCOTT BROWN: Excellent save from Fraser in the first half and from Akins in the second. Nothing he could do about the goals 7
JAMES GIBBONS: One shaky moment in defence with a poor clearance but more than made up for that with his efforts marauding down the right. Continued a decent start to the season 6
NATHAN SMITH: Another who started the season well, although this was a step up in opposition 6
LEON LEGGE: Won plenty in the air and made a couple of crucial challenges in the area, including a vital interception from Brayford’s ball across the face of goal 6
ADAM CROOKES: Tough test against the best team Vale have faced so far, but stuck at it 5
LUKE JOYCE: Impressed against Northampton on Friday but found life tougher here as the visitors were able to create plenty 5
DAVID WORRALL: Dropped into midfield because of Oyeleke’s absence, but came up with another hard-working performance 6
TOM CONLON: Got stuck in and came close with a free kick well saved 6
DAVID AMOO: Used on the right having been played on the left for the opening two league games. Beat his man a couple of times and whipped in dangerous crosses 6
MARK CULLEN: Missed a first half chance when he skied his volley but took his penalty well on his full Vale debut 5
CRISTIAN MONTANO: Good to see him back in the starting line up after that hamstring injury suffered in pre season. Did well from the left wing and came close with a long-range effort in the second half, well saved 6
RICHIE BENNETT (Worrall, 68).
TOM POPE (Cullen, 78)
RYAN LLOYD (Joyce, 88)
Not used: Kennedy, Evans Burgess, Maddison.
Burton: O’Hara, Brayford, Edwards, Wallace, Quinn (Buxton, 71), Fraser, Akins, Hutchinson Daniel,56), Sarkic (Sbarra,
74), O’Toole, Boyce.
Subs: Templeton, Bywater, Anderson, Beardsley.
Attendance 2,252 (including 277 Burton fans)
- Man Utd player ratings vs Partizan Belgrade: Martial poor despite goal as Rojo stars again
- Man Utd player ratings vs Partizan Belgrade: Martial poor despite goal as Williams stars
- Man City player ratings vs Atalanta: Sterling and Aguero star in Champions League comeback
- Celtic player ratings vs Lazio: Christie and Jullien the star men as Brown shines in win
- Chelsea player ratings: One star gets 8 dogged Blues squeeze past determined Newcastle
- Liverpool player ratings vs Man Utd: No players above a 6 as Lallana snatches late draw
- Man Utd player ratings vs Norwich: McTominay and James shine as United secure three points
- Tottenham player ratings vs Red Star Belgrade: Son on song as Spurs get back on track
- Barcelona player ratings vs Slavia Prague: Messi stars, Ter Stegen and Semedo stand out
- Rangers player ratings vs FC Porto: Morelos and Helander star, McGregor saves the day