Police officers have confirmed a person arrested in connection with a ‘serious offence’ in the Merseyside area was last night released from custody.
Officers from the Central Motorway Policing Group (CMPG) confirmed a person was stopped in the Staffordshire Police area along the A50 yesterday (August 17).
The CMPG – made up of officers from Staffordshire and the West Midlands – believed the individual was linked to offences in the Merseyside Police area.
But they have now confirmed the person will face no further action.
A CMPG spokesman said: “The person has been released from custody with no further action being taken.”
Top stories on StokeonTrentLive
Follow StokeonTrentLive on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow SOTLive on Twitter .
Follow us on Instagram – Featuring pictures past and present from across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire & South Cheshire – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow StokeonTrentLive on Instagram .
- Bills GM releases statement after arrest of DT Dareus
- Update: Two arrested in stabbing of NASCAR fans near MIS
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith released after latest arrest
- Police release audio of 911 call that led to McDonald’s arrest
- Police: 2 shootings, 40 arrests during celebration of Giants win
- Spanish police make 17 more arrests over Deportivo fan’s death
- Police release 911 call and video footage from Jon Jones’ alleged hit-and-run accident
- South African police release photofit images of Meyiwa killers
- Hawks release statements regarding arrests of reserves Antic, Sefolosha
- Report: Hope Solo insulted police officers during 2014 arrest