Editors USA TODAY Published 6:40 PM EDT Aug 4, 2019 Before El Paso, Dayton and Gilroy, the FBI issued a warning The week before lone gunmen cut bloody swaths through three American cities in California, Texas and Ohio, FBI Director Christopher Wray sounded an alarm: Domestic violent extremism — fueled by racial tension, anti-Semitism and Islamophobia — poses a risk nearly on par with that of international terrorism, he said. “The FBI is most concerned about lone offender attacks, primarily shootings, as they have served as the dominant lethal mode for domestic violent extremist attacks,” Wray told a Senate panel July 23. “We anticipate law enforcement, racial minorities and the U.S. government will continue to be significant targets for many domestic violent extremists.” A massacre Saturday in El Paso, Texas, which left 20 dead and 26 wounded, was followed hours later by an attack in Dayton, Ohio, that left 9 dead and 27 wounded, underscoring a crisis that the nation struggles to confront. Mass shootings are more numerous and more deadly, data shows A rash of mass shootings in the past week – California, Texas and now Ohio – show the phenomenon is entering a new, dangerous phase. The number of incidents is increasing and they are becoming more deadly, according to… Read full this story
- Florida shooting: Trump slammed for thumbs up pose in hospital
- Trump Turns to Fox News as He Casts Staffers for West Wing
- Iran says US nuclear policy brings world 'closer to annihilation'
- Steve Bannon apologises to Trump and son for Fire and Fury comments
- Trump gives 'last chance' ultimatum on Iran nuclear deal
- Russia will not support US bid to change Iran nuclear deal: Lavrov
- Trump suggests arming teachers as he meets Florida survivors
- Accordo sul nucleare: l'Iran risponde alle minacce di Donal Trump
- Trump's visit to UK this year 'is being finalised', No 10 confirms
- Donald Trump set for UK visit later this year
Ohio shooting, Trump and Iran: The weekend's biggest news have 308 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.