A mum has spoken of her heartbreak after she found her ‘happy and healthy’ baby boy dead in his bed.
Kayleigh Leonard tragically found her two-year-old son Arlo unresponsive when she went to check on him.
The devastated 24-year-old said that her ‘loveable’ boy was “perfectly fine and happy” when she put him to bed – only to wake up on the morning of August 6 and found herself unable to wake her young son.
Kayleigh, from Skelmersdale told the Liverpool ECHO that she “would do anything” for one more day with the toddler and that “no pain will come close” to the moment she found Arlo.
Paying tribute to her son, she said: “No pain will ever come close to the pain of losing you my Arlo, you are my absolute world and I love you more than life baby boy.
“If I could be with you now I would and I don’t know how I’m going to carry on without you.
“No parent should ever put their baby to bed and them not wake up.
“Mummy and daddy are heartbroken and lost for words.
“Forever my baby, my angel Arlo forever.”
Kayleigh described her son a the “most special loving little angel in the world” and that in his short life, Arlo “touched the hearts of so many people”.
The mum’s tribute continued: “You taught me what true love was baby boy and I’m so lucky to have loved you and lost you, than never loved you at all.
“I will love you forever.
“I would do anything to have another day with you. The most special loving little angel in the world, love you more than you’ll ever know my gorgeous boy.
“My heart is broken.
“You have touched so many peoples hearts Arlo, everybody you met loved you, you special boy.
“I will think about you every minute, of every day and there will always be a huge part of me missing.
“I sit and watch videos and look at your pictures all day, the love I have for you will carry me through and you will never, ever be forgotten.
“You have given me the best two and a half years of my life and I will always be grateful, you have shown me what love is.
“The most amazing happy lovable boy in the world.”
Kayleigh and her partner have set up a Just Giving page following Arlo’s death.
They are aiming to raise funds for Alder Hey children’s bereavement centre and the Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC) foundation.
At the time of writing, the family had passed their £1,000 target as it stood at nearly £2,000.
The ECHO reports that an inquest into Arlo’s death has not yet taken place.
If you would like to donate, you can do so HERE.
- 'Apollo has landed': Myleene Klass cuddles her baby boy in sweet Instagram snap as they arrive in the Maldives for a sunny family Christmas
- Baby boy who was born with no EYES has a 'warm and loving' new home for Christmas after he was put up for adoption in Russia
- Geri Horner shares fun photo showing baby boy Monty doing her make up
- Maren Morris announces first pregnancy as she and husband Ryan Hurd prepare for a baby boy after tying the knot last year
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 8 contestant Geeta Phogat blessed with a baby boy; shares pic from the hospital
- Geeta Phogat Blessed With A Baby Boy; Hina Khan And Babita Phogat Congratulate The New Mom
- CNN news anchor, 38, and her husband celebrate the birth of the 'most perfect' baby boy after a public six-year fertility battle that saw them spend £80k on FIFTEEN rounds of IVF
- Hilarious moment six-month-old 'wee rascal' baby boy pretends to wail after his mother asks him to cry
- 'Strike a pose!' Former Hi-5 star Nathan Foley shares precious unseen snaps of his newborn baby boy... just one week after welcoming him with wife Nicolette Gomex
- Yash And Radhika Pandit Share First Glimpse Of Their Baby Boy On New Year’s Day