Last month, a photograph surfaced of Kieran Mulvey meeting the former Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) chairman Pat Hickey in the Clontarf Hotel. It shows them sitting comfortably around a corner table, engaged clearly in some deep conversation.
Why was Mulvey – the chairman of Sport Ireland – meeting Hickey after the controversies of the last three years?
After all, Hickey had been arrested in Rio during the 2016 Olympic Games on charges related to ticket reselling….
Subscribe from just 1€
Choose the subscription that is right for you
For the first month
€19.99 Monthly Thereafter
For the first year
€199.99 annually thereafter
For the first 90 days
€55.00 quarterly Thereafter
These offers are not available for current subscribers. Offers and pricing are subject to change without notice.
Terms & Conditions Apply
- Monona Grove boys, Oregon girls win titles at Badger South Conference track and field meet
- Nawaz Sharif defends 26/11 attacks admission, says ‘what’s wrong in what I said’
- Trump Hosts Historic Meeting With President of Uzbekistan, Who Could Help Broker Peace With Taliban
- UPDATE: President defends CIA nominee, says she is 'tough on terror'
- PTI calls for Abbasi's head after PM defends Nawaz in NA
- Force defends facial recognition software amid criticism over inaccurate matches
- Trump defends ‘tough on terror’ CIA nominee Haspel
- Trump defends decision to pull US out of Iran nuclear deal
- First Minister defends his government's relationship with trade unions saying he is "proud" to have worked with them
- Rwanda to Host Key Continental Aviation Meet