A Lancashire MP has called for fracking to be banned after two more earth tremors in the county.
Lancaster and Fleetwood MP Cat Smith reacted after Cuadrilla revealed there had been two more micro seismic events at its site at Preston New Road, near Blackpool, last night and early today.,
The Labour MP tweeted: “Whilst most of Lancashire was asleep last night there were TWO earth tremors.
“This will become such a common occurrence if fracking is allowed to continue.
READ MORE: https://www.lep.co.uk/business/two-more-tremors-at-lancashire-fracking-site-1-9954789Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn also called for fracking to be banned when hie visited protesters at Cuadrilla’s site recently.
Hydraulic fracturing has to be halted when seismic activity above 0.5 on the Richter scale is experienced.
But Cuadrilla says that even Wednesday’s larger tremor would have gone unnoticed by local residents.
It would have felt similar to someone dropping a large bag of shopping on the floor, it said..
- Female MPs call for breastfeeding to be allowed in House of Commons
- Brexit: MPs call on EU to protect UK citizens in no-deal scenario
- MPs call for a directorate to assist in marketing of miraa
- Hundreds of MPs call on supermarkets to scrap plastic packaging
- MPs call for Ofgem to crack down on energy network costs
- MP calls for limit on UK surveillance powers as EU test case opens
- MPs call for urgent electoral law to cover digital campaigning
- NSW strikes 'landmark' energy deal with Federal Government, Greens MP calls it 'climate criminality'
- ‘Talk less, do more’: World Jewish Congress leader’s call to halt antisemitism
- Denis MacShane resigns as MP over expenses