A well-known singer from Morecambe will ‘Brave the Shave’ in memory of family and friends she has lost to cancer to try and raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Nichola Banks, aka Niqui, hopes to raise more than £200 from the hair-raising fundraiser, which will be held at The Cavern, Springfield Street, Morecambe, on Sunday, August 25. During the fundraiser – when Nichola will get her ‘number one’ clipper-cut – there will be entertainment and a raffle to raise much-needed money for Macmillan to support people living with cancer.
Nichola said: “I am shaving my head because I have lost too many friends and family through this awful disease that it’s time to give back.
“I’ve wanted to do this for a long time and recently another friend has been stricken with this evil disease, so now is the time for me to ‘Brave the Shave’ and try and raise vital funds for Macmillan.”
To support Nichola’s fundraising efforts visit: https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/nichola-banks.
- St. Baldrick's event March 17 in Willowbrook offers a brave shave for kids with cancer
- Jenny braves shave for good cause
- Retired nurse braves shave for cancer
- Kesgrave teenager braves shave in memory of his baby brother
- Gemma’s brave shave raises thousands
- Doncaster boy, 10, braves shave for charity after ‘girl’ taunts over long hair
- Fearless women braved shaving their heads to stand strong with their loved ones who have suffered from cancer
- Tavistock Tom's brave shave raises hundreds for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Trev braves the shave for festive cause