A well-known singer from Morecambe will ‘Brave the Shave’ in memory of family and friends she has lost to cancer to try and raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Nichola Banks, aka Niqui, hopes to raise more than £200 from the hair-raising fundraiser, which will be held at The Cavern, Springfield Street, Morecambe, on Sunday, August 25. During the fundraiser – when Nichola will get her ‘number one’ clipper-cut – there will be entertainment and a raffle to raise much-needed money for Macmillan to support people living with cancer.
Nichola said: “I am shaving my head because I have lost too many friends and family through this awful disease that it’s time to give back.
“I’ve wanted to do this for a long time and recently another friend has been stricken with this evil disease, so now is the time for me to ‘Brave the Shave’ and try and raise vital funds for Macmillan.”
To support Nichola’s fundraising efforts visit: https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/nichola-banks.
- St. Baldrick's event March 17 in Willowbrook offers a brave shave for kids with cancer
- Local 'Shamrock Shave' fundraiser to offer fun for the family March 9
- Julian Edelman’s beard is no more after Ellen DeGeneres shaves it for charity
- [email protected] 2019 St. Baldrick's Foundation 'Be Brave and Shave' benefit for childhood cancer at MGM Springfield
- Parents in college admissions scam claimed bribes as tax write-offs, orchestrator William ‘Rick’ Singer said
- California charity was used as cover for college bribery scandal, prosecutors say
- 'The Masked Singer' Unmasks Raven In A Soaring Surprise (Spoiler Alert)
- The Masked Singer episode 6: Who was the Masked Singer?
- Baftas 2019: Rami Malek Glosses Over Bryan Singer Controversy As He Wins Best Actor
- Tom Brady shaves off playoff stubble, and charities benefit