You’d think that when you renewed your car insurance didn’t matter – given it’s the same car, same driver and at the same address. Sadly, you’d be very wrong about that. It turns out one of the things car insurance firms look at when deciding a price is how far ahead of your renewal date you search – and getting it wrong can cost you a small fortune. So, a year ago, MoneySavingExpert.com ran a test to find out exactly when was cheapest – testing more than 18 million quotes, the site founded by Martin Lewis discovered your best bet was to renew 21 days before your policy ran out. It’s fair to say it worked. “We’ve been inundated with successes since [revealing the results],” Martin said in his weekly newsletter . Martin pointed to a man named Simon, who told them he “saved £1,000+”, another reader – Cam – said they saved £960 a year. The better news is that it’s far from the only way to save significant sums on your car insurance. Here are 5 more ways to cut the cost of your quote: Pay up front: up to £200 cheaper – Splitting your bill into monthly… Read full this story
- AA Insurance begins $19.5 million car insurance refunds
- Starting UK coronavirus lockdown three days earlier 'would have saved 20,000 lives'
- California man is beaten and robbed of his entire life savings outside bank just moments after withdrawing $200,000 'to help his family members who lost their jobs during COVID'
- Man, 35, is stabbed to death and three people are injured in knife fight as 200 revellers toast Jamaican Independence Day at house party
- Save cash & stay safe by bringing the seaside home with our fun DIY tips
- Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 'That speech was ridiculous': Trump slams Obama's eulogy for John Lewis after former president used funeral to outline a dramatic new voting plan seen as a call to arms for Democrats ahead of November election
- Why Racing Point car is not just a 'pink Mercedes'
- 70th Anniversary GP Qualifying: Valtteri Bottas beats Lewis Hamilton to pole
- Beyond the bill: It's time we start looking at health insurance as an investment
Martin Lewis' 21-day car insurance tactic saves one man £1,000 on his quote have 367 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.