PUBLISHED: 20:34 14 August 2019
Golf club and ball
Liz Connolly was the winner of the ladies’ August stableford competition at East Devon Golf Club last week, with Margaret Powell taking home the Venerable Vets Whitehead Cup for 2019, writes Helen Chivers.
In a close competition Liz’s impressive four under par round of 40 points saw her top the 80 strong field by just one shot.
Powell recorded a two under par round of 38 points, including a birdie on the par five ninth hole, on her way to winning the Venerable Vets Whitehead Cup for 2019.
She topped Silver Division on countback from Lisa Tinsley, with Marilyn Hobbs in third on one under par 37 points. Jane Williams was fourth on countback from Helen Chivers as they both recorded level par rounds of 36 points. Connolly’s 40 points saw her take first place in Bronze Division by one shot from Jasmine Clapson, Judith Glover and Heather Coles who were all three under par on 39 points.
Julieta Steiner took fourth place on two under par 38 points, beating Deirdre Mackness on countback.
- Bayern Munich win German Cup, secure domestic double
- Suzann Pettersen makes putt on final green to win Solheim Cup for Europe
- Ester Ledecka stuns again, wins World Cup downhill from bib No. 26
- Snowboarder/ski racer Ester Ledecka wins World Cup downhill
- Gary Lineker 'wouldn't mind' wearing mankini if England win World Cup
- Viktoria Rebensburg wins World Cup super-G in Lake Louise
- South Canterbury win Lochore Cup Final against West Coast
- Sprintcar driver Jamie McDonald bounces back from horror crash to win Gold Cup
- Revealed: The 100 seats where tactical votes could win it for Boris and Brexit
- Asian Cup: Australia wins first title with 2-1 extra-time win over South Korea thanks to James Troisi and Massimo Luongo goals