We’re a nation of tea lovers, and people have VERY strong feelings about how they take theirs .
So when Holly Harley shared a video of how her boyfriend made a cuppa, scores of social media users had things to say about it.
He starts by adding two spoonfuls of sugar to a mug, then the hot water and then a healthy dash of milk so he’s left with a sort of sweet, milky soup.
It’s only THEN that he adds the tea bag, gives it a quick stir before being heard slurping his drink.
OK, we know it’s “to each his own,” but this cup of tea sparked a commenting frenzy – and very little of the feedback was positive.
Holly even joked that she was “very close to calling the police”.
“This is horrible. Please say that was immediately poured down the sink,” wrote one woman.
Some people from the US were confused, and thought the outrage was because of the addition of milk.
Top food stories
But it turns out Holly’s boyfriend may have put together and posted the video to purposefully get a reaction from people.
She adds: “Every time I see it I notice something new that’s wrong with it and he just laughs.”
At least he had fun!
- Spider-Man 2 Devs Are Making: Energy Hook
- Valve's abdication of responsibility over Steam is the worst possible solution
- 'Naked and Afraid' Participant Gets Stung in the Worst Possible Place
- How one man got the world making pesto by hand
- ‘Ant-Man’ takes on challenge: Make hoops relevant at Georgia
- Spelunky Completed In The Hardest Possible Way
- Storm in a teacup! Viewers are aghast as Boris Johnson adds milk to his cup of tea BEFORE removing the bag - in new 'cringeworthy' party election broadcast
- No Man's Sky: What Is An Atlas Pass?
- From an imaginary restraining order to a phantom drop in NATO spending: Trump makes 99 false claims in two weeks
- Chai lovers, here are all the things that matter in making a good cup of tea